Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
alsibir

X61t: FPR sensor error

[ Edited ]

I'm running XP on my Thinkpad X61-tablet. When I set up all updates (Lenovo and Microsoft) my fingerprint device was lost for using. System displayed me me error message "Cannot find fingerprint sensor device." Code 0xe7210005. All points in FingerPrint Software does not work because this error but Tutorial Point.

Tutorial Point can find and read FingerPrint normally. This is why I know about hardware is OK. I have been reinstalled Windows XP twice. After installation of the upgrades my situation was duplicated.

Please help me what's wrong? Additionally I Think about conflict between Fingerprint & Wifi. My PC always have connection to router) . I tried installing/reinstalling. No luck. May be I have find a case for damage an operation system by upates. Is not it?

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator note: Type added to subject line for clarity.
Message Edited by Agotthelf on 20-04-2009 09:19 AM
What's DOS?
bill2t

Re: Fingerprint reader error :: "Cannot find fingerprint sensor device." Code 0xe7210005

Hi Alsibir

I am having similar problems with my x61t 7767-A11 running xp tablet 2005 OS. Did you find a solution ?.

Thanks 

Punch Card
alsibir

Re: Fingerprint reader error :: "Cannot find fingerprint sensor device." Code 0xe7210005

Hi bill2t,

Yes. I have find a barbaric solution for my FingerPrint of ThinkPad x61 BFG. I have returned of my HDD to the Factory Default Settings. Then I refill all programs to my PC. After that all of it is working correctly.
A couple day before of this I try to contact with manufacturer of the Sensor. They mail me advices and sensor diagnostic program. Thy was thinking about this problem and analysed all  technical data of my PC, results of the tests and more… But the kernel of this problem just still unknown for us.

After that I have reinstalling my System.

IMHO: this problem was started after upgrad installation. May be Sensor have a conflict with WiFi-manager or ClientSecurity Solution Program, or all of it. The roots of problem may be into Windows Logon Sequense?

It was surprised for me that work of the FingerPrint did not normalize after its drivers reinstallation. Probably we gonna a big problem here? Maybe my solution is only for this case?

If you find another kind of solution, please, let me know.

I wish you a Fortune on it!
Blue Screen Again
johnbens

[ Edited ]

I have had the same problem with X60t (model 6363-6du) and windows XP for quite long time now. Error code code is the same 0xe7210005.

Just installed latest Thinkvantage Fingerprint software and Client Security Solution with no help.

I have also "Unknown device" in device manager, under "Universal Serial Bus controlers". Could this be my fingerprint reader unrecognized? My fingerprint header is internal, but maybe it is wired USB internally? It occasionally pops up as an windows error message "Unrecognized device". 

Any ideas what to do?

Message Edited by johnbens on 04-19-2009 11:50 AM
Blue Screen Again
johnbens

[ Edited ]

Ha!

Got it working with X60t with XP. At least the first step is needed, but don't know if the earlier ones helped too (not in particular order):

1) Reset security chip. This was a bit hard to find. In Client Security Solution choose Advanced from the menu. Do "Unlock security chip". ALSO do "change security chip status": choose disable (and boot computer), then enable again (for me it was automatically asked when starting again; like the first time booting x60t from factory).
---

2) Did install all latest related software. (Well, did not find Utek (?, the manufacturer) hardware driver for fingerprint chip)

3) Did the registry tweak reported in this forum (edit registry and make sure that there is no suspend on or something..). This did not help me when done solely.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=X_Series_Tablet_ThinkPads&message.id=753&query.i...

4) Even ran "Fix Windows Logon/restore utility" by Doug Knox
 http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm
(On your own responsibility; this finds some fingerprint related "gina" .dll and fixes it if it thinks there is a problem!)

5) Updated latest bios.

6) Make sure firewall etc. (Zonealarm) has granted full access for security software, e.g. "crss.exe". I am using now Zonealarm and ESET NOD32.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by johnbens on 04-19-2009 09:03 PM
Message Edited by johnbens on 04-19-2009 09:12 PM
Blue Screen Again
Corabelster

It's a pity, after a usual reboot, I'm having the same errors!

I also have "TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor" marked with yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager!

The above solutions don't help :smileysad:  Did anyone face the problem with sensor in Device Manager ...and solved it?

Punch Card
alsibir

Unfortunately, I solve this problem after Windows reinstalling only. All of my another efforts was in vain. My unsuccessful attempts was next:

• finding a manufacturer of the hardware, loading  and reinstalling of drivers
  • sending a letter to Manufacturer and receive test programs for this device.
  • Answer test results to Manufacturer and use all recommendations.

it's a pity I have no time for this experiments anymore.  Reinstall of Windows  take a less time than  finding of the problem root  and I did it.  As result,  a nature of bug  has remained  incomprehensible for me and manufacturer too.

Now I read  a good instructions from Mr. johnbens in this topic.  It seems as very useful. Try it. I wish you  good fortune.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
InstantCrypt

Re: X61t: Fingerprint reader error :: "Cannot find fingerprint sensor device." Code 0xe721

[ Edited ]

This worked on my X61 Tablet with Windows Vista after the the fingerprint sensor did not work (Error message: "Cannot find fingerprint sensor device") after an extensive system update:

1. Export Entry List:

Open Password Manager

Menu: Import/Export | Export Entry List...

Export the Entry List into an *.exe file (it is secured by a password).

2. Reset security chip: Open Client Security Solution. Menu: Advanced | Reset security settings . It asks you if you really want to do it, after that you restart the computer.

3. Re-Import Entry List:

Open Password Manager

Menu: Import/Export | Import Entry List...

Import the Entry List from the  *.exe file your created in 1.; you will need the password created in 1.

Bingo!

If you do not 1. and 3., your saved passwords will be lost.

This did not destroy the fingerprints I had saved.

Helpful?

InsantCrypt

Fanfold Paper
cassetti

Re: X61t: FPR sensor error

I too have the same issue - running Vista 32-bit business. Had a system board failure - had the board replaced on my 7764 (Special order MV/MT which has the tablet and the touch screen)

Systemboard failed (died) 11 months after purchase, had warranty luckly, had it replaced by a local premium partner of lenovo (didn't include harddrive for work related security reasons) - got it back just the other day

2 things i have a problem with now: Wifi does not power on, and the fingerprint sensor device is not detected by windows.

I will need to do some testing from within linux, but i have confirmed that the wifi card does scan and connect within linux (ubuntu - jaunty jackalope). Don't have the fingerprint sensor working in linux yet so i can't test that, but i suspect it is vista related.

I have disabled the Client Security Solution (TPM?) and reset my computer to no avail, wifi still refuses to power on after an uninstall and reinstall, and vista still produces that error code and still reports that the fingerprint sensor device is not installed.

Any suggestion what i can do other than reinstalling vista?

Punch Card
alsibir

Re: X61t: FPR sensor error

It's wonderful, but I have a situation when reinstall of drivers did't make a fingersprint sensor alive. I don't know why.

I cure it with next:

• reinstall all Windows System from firm Lenovo CD's pack (distributtives)
  • connect to the Internet.
  • update Windows from Microsoft.com
  • update all hardware drivers from lenovo.com

I gues, when this sites tell you anyting like:  "you have allready installed all of our drivers" - then you'll have all devices of your System working OK.   In my oppinion this is one way to do something right with this problem.

I wish you goodluck.