Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
avisuj

enabling virtualization on X201 tablet with the december bios update

I am trying to enable virtualization on a x201 tablet.  While the bios settings shows that virtualization is enabled, windows states that virtualization is disabled.  I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Avi

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: enabling virtualization on X201 tablet with the december bios update

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome,

Have you done a cold reboot (power off, then on) since setting VT on?  IIRC, some machines require that before the VT setting becomes visible to the virtualization software.

[edit] I just rememberd a previous thread about this sort of thing.  If VT was already enabled from the factory, it may be necessary to first turn it off, then back on, with full power cycles in between.

unable to install 64 bit guest OS on T510 due to VT-x unabled in BIOS

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество