Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
netbeans

finger touch on an X41

I was informed by an X41 tablet seller on e-bay that  he was unable to use the X41 tablet by touching the screen  with the finger. Is this true? Is there some magic  to get finger touch working ?
thanks
andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

Re: finger touch on an X41

Hi netbeans, welcome to the forum,

afaik, X4* tablets didn't have this capability. Depending on model X6* tablets do.
So if you want to give your tablet "the finger" it had better be an X6* tablet. Mr. Green

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
netbeans

Is there any documentation that says an X61 tablet will accept finger touch? It would be nice to have a sample system to try, as I am not willing to spend ~$1500 to find out.
Fanfold Paper
shademar

There's 3 available screen types on the x61t: SXGA, which has higher resolution but does not have passive input, an XGA model which does not have passive input (and I saw this a lot when I was looking up systems on ebay before buying through the company...these models were the cheaper ones) and XGA which does have the finger touch ability. The last is usually referred to as MT/MV for Multi-touch/Multi-view. If it's an x61t with SXGA or just plain XGA screen, it won't be passively touch sensitive.