Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
shmish

sudden drop in battery performance

Hello,

I bought a x220t last September.  Typically if I unplug the tablet with a full charge, the battery indicator will show somewhere between 4-6 hrs.  If the tablet goes idle, this number would shoot up to 16hrs or something rediculous.  I never timed the battery performance, but I was never left with the feeling that I was being cheated.  ie I think I was getting that 4-6hrs of life.

Starting yesterday, I see that my battery life is showing much less after a full charge.  For example, this morning after unplugging the tablet, my charge was under 3hrs.  Yesterday I noticed that while working on the tablet, my battery dropped really fast - it went from 2 hrs to 1.5hrs to .5 in what seemed like 30min.  Again, I wasn't timing it (didn't realize there could be a problem).

I'm going to keep a closer eye on this, but I would also like to hear if other people have experienced anything similar.  I don't recall installing any new software that would cause a change in behaviour.

thanks

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: sudden drop in battery performance

Hello shmish,

As I understand the battery backup is not proper and it reduces suddenly.

Kindly update the BIOS and check if the issue gets resolved.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: sudden drop in battery performance

Make sure you're on the right power profile. Sometimes it changes for whatever reason.

Also make sure that your CPU usage isn't abnormally high. If you see mscorsvw.exe using CPU cycles while idle, this will consume battery very quickly. Let it run overnight so it can finish compiling .NET binaries.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase