Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
dlazenby
Accepted Solution

superbright screen -no longer an option?

I went to the lenovo order site to reprice a unit with the superbright screen option. I can not find that choice anywhere. The only choice is the multitouch or the standard WXGA LED panel.

Is Lenovo no longer putting the superbright screens with the tablet?

community supermod
erik

Re: superbright screen -no longer an option?

it's likely that the outdoor displays are in short supply and have been pulled from the site to minimize backorders.

you might find a preconfigured or TopSeller model with the outdoor display that meets your needs.   many resellers in the US have these in stock and ready to ship.   download the latest PSREF sheets here, find the machine type and model you want, and search online for that number.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Fanfold Paper
dlazenby

Eric,

Thanks for the info. I am typing this reply with my new tablet with the SuperBright screen. I am very happy with it.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
qfarnsworth

Erik,

Can you comment on whether we might see a superbright screen with multi-touch capability?  I'm wondering if there is a technology reason why that combination isn't currently offered, or if it's a non-technological decision?

Thank you,

Q

community supermod
erik

having used the outdoor-viewable panels on the X6x and X20x tablets, the anti-glare coating doesn't lend well to fingerprints.   this holds true for most transmission-enhancing coatings found on camera lenses, sunglasses, etc.   using a pen is slightly different since you're resting the side of your hand on the panel and that tends to leave less marks.   even with handprints versus fingerprints, i still wound up cleaning my outdoor panels more often than i liked. :smileyvery-happy:

whether some combination of outdoor-viewable multi-touch can be done in the future, i can't say.   it's a good idea though and one i've considered as well.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30