Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
buzzfish

to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

I am currently using a T-400 and would like to upgrade and get a lighter computer.
Lenovo is having a Black Friday Encore sae, which ends today, and I can get a good deal on an X-201 tablet for $993 (w/o tax).

The big question: should I spend $247 and add the multi-touch screen?

I've never used a multi-touch screen and am not sure what advantages it would bring. I've seen friends i-pads and they look like fun for looking at pics and reading but for what else.

Do they have any particular problems?

I use the computer for school (I'm a teacher), email, and doing some desktop design work using InDesign and might do more web work in the future (have a additional screen for this).

Any suggestions on this would be most appreciated, especially from those with a multi-touch screen. I live overseas and my friend will be bringing it so it's not so easy to test and return.
Thanks
Karen

Fanfold Paper
bxj2110

Re: to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

I recently purchased a multi-touch x201 tablet, and I it is awesome!  If you are a teacher, I would recommend the multi-touch just for the use with Microsoft one note application.  It has really changed the way I organize my tasks and schedules.

I have not had any problems with the multi-touch function, and I think it is a great way to surf the web, much better than using a mouse.  

Definitely worth the money.

Paper Tape
buzzfish

Re: to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

thanks so much for the reply.  glad you like it. :smileyhappy: i did order the multi-touch.  supposed to be shipped 23 dec on 2-3 day shipping; i hope it gets to my friend before she heads back here to the uae.

btw, you don't find it too heavy?\

K