Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Anubis32

wifi driver for intel cards (for win 7 64bit)

Hi,

Today l have downloaded and installed the mentioned above update by TVSU. Everything went fine and I was asked to do restart. l did it and it got stuck at "preparing your desktop" after a bit of a while it displayed error message that my desktop couldn't be loaded, check location. l could click only yes and l did so. The desktop theme was very basic and l couldn't see any icons on the desktop. l restarted the machine by doing it from the start menu.

And after a second restart it seems normal. Please anyone from Lenovo please tell me if this was related to my machine or to the driver installer package.

Btw when I'm inking this message in Tip your toolbox popped up and crashed.

I use x200t with win 7 64bit us eng. Model type is 7448-cto. I have intel 5350 wifi.

Charles

Blue Screen Again
petzet

Re: wifi driver for intel cards (for win 7 64bit)

I run a W510 Win7 x64 and got the same recommendation from TVSU to install this driver. Apparently W510 support has been temporarily discontinued but then reinstated as regards this driver and software. I therefore at present do not have any version of it on my system. 

My question is: is there any good reason I would want to waste neary 1 GB of space to install this thing, when at present my wifi is working just fine? The update readme just mentions incremental fixes etc but does not give an overarching purpose for the package as a whole. What is it for and do I really need it if my wifi is working just fine as is?

Thanks,

Peter