Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
boomersooner

Re: x200 Wacom Serial Pen Tablet in Windows 7

I know this is waaay later....but after 2 weeks of messing with this I found the solution for a 7449-9FU. You have to go to device manager and click on either the wacom driver or unkown device (depending on whether you have any driver installed) and update driver, click "let me pick from disk"...uncheck "show compatible hardware", scroll down to "wacom technology corporation" (NOT JUST "wacom")..then select "WACOM SERIAL PEN TABLET". restart and it will work. Of course before trying this try to uninstall everything tablet related possible.
Blue Screen Again
carlson

Hmmm. I tried this and no luck. It defaults to Wacom Serial Pen Tablet to start on a clean install and all I get is the Code 10 message. Were you installing 64-bit Win7 or 32-bit?

Paper Tape
oferba

REPLY: x200 Wacom Serial Pen Tablet in Windows 7

A Solution for all Windows 7 (32 or 64bit) for Lenovo X200 Tablet:

DOWNGRADE the BIOS to a 32 bit basic version called 3.11 (7WET61WW): 7wuj36us.exe (32-bit) (link given by http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-70651).

If you already have a 64 bit Win 7, the above BOIS could be directly installed using an ISO file: 7wuj36uc.iso (link given by http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-70652).

Wish you all the Best.

Paper Tape
oferba

NOTE: REPLY: x200 Wacom Serial Pen Tablet in Windows 7

NOTE: A fresh installation of Windows 7 + SP1 (32 or 64) bit will surely work with this BIOS version (3.11 - 7WET61WW, 32 bit) for X200 Tablet.  Windows recognize the pen automatically under "Human Interface Devices" as "Wacom Serial Pen Tablet". BUT - after that, make sure you don't install the wacom driver via general windows or system optional updates that will appear (I haven't checked about that though and not intend to do so...)

Paper Tape
oferba

NOTE2: REPLY: x200 Wacom Serial Pen Tablet in Windows 7

Curiosity killed the cat?

-Eventually decided to make all windows and system updates including wacoms (after system restore points were manually made for safeness). Pen still works fine. Apparently, in my case, it was only an issue of Bios.

Blue Screen Again
scout

My solution ended up being what boomersooner said.  I thought I'd posted about it, but I guess it didn't go through.  What made it especially tricky for me was the laptop I was experimenting on had some faulty hardware!  Other laptops though worked just as boomersooner said, and with the latest BIOS too.

Also, as oferba said, don't install that driver in Windows Update!  Or any other driver.  For me, nothing works other than what comes with Windows.

Blue Screen Again
carlson

Finally! 

After having given up on this for about a year I successfully installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit by doing an upgrade (not clean re-install). In 15 years of using Windows I've never ever used the upgrade option, but I reasoned that maybe - just maybe - Windows would be smart enough not to mess with a working device driver. Looks like I guessed right! It may be a bit cruftier than a clean install, but since those never worked it's academic.

A couple of the Lenovo applications may need to be re-installed/updated, but all-in-all things seem to be working fine without having to downgrade my 3.18 BIOS (an interesting move though) and without having to go 32-bit Win7. Here's what I did:

After numerous attempts at clean installs as documented earlier I gave up and went back to 64-bit Vista Business via the original recovery discs. I managed to get pressure sensitivity working on the pen by going to an older Wacom Pen driver (5.08-6). Works great with Painter 12. So everything was working fine in Vista as my base operating system. Been using it for about 9 months this way.

Tonight I did a Win7 64-bit upgrade on top of Vista 64-bit. I figured if it didn't work I could always try the BIOS reversion described above. Didn't have anything but a few hours to lose. The upgrade chugged along for about 2 hours and after a few reboots the pen was not working (probably about 50% through the installation process), but I just let it go to completion. When I came back later the prompt to enter the product key was up and amazingly I was able to use the tablet input panel (much improved in Win7) to do so! Exciting stuff, I'd never got any kind of response from the pen prior in Win7. Now I'm just doing a lot of Windows updating. I'm not going to upgrade the wacom drivers at all since I was already using older ones in Vista.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Now has anyone installed Windows 8 on this? :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
IvanAndreevich

BSOD on bringing pen to the screen, Code 19 in task manager on one of the Wacom devices. Clean install of X200 Tablet with latest BIOS. Borderless screen, manufactured Dec 2008. 5.05-7 Wacom driver fixed it completely no BIOS version downgrade necessary. 

Owned Thinkpads: X300 X201T X200,T X61,s,T,T+ X60,s,T,T+ X41 X40 X31 T510 T500 T410 T400 T400s T61,p T60,p T43 T42 T41,p T40 W500 W700. To do list: X301 X220 X220T X201 X201s X200s X201i T420s T410s T420 T520 W510 W701 :smileyhappy: