Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
pojo
Accepted Solution

x200 tablet : does my tablet feature pen AND single touch input or just pen input ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,. the particular model of my x200 is 7453-FJ9. I bought it from ebay and the seller claimed is was multi-touch. After checking on the Levono support page where you identify the machine features through the model # above, it does not mention anything about being touch capable let alone multitouch. However, since I installed a new copy of windows 7 pro 64-bit on a new hdd, after installing all of the automated lenovo and windows updates, I checked the system properties and it states 'Pen and Single Touch Input Available' as shown in my system properties screen below.

Link to picture

I have tried to use the single touch input but it does not seem to be working. I have tried calibrating touch input though the screen calibration and it has not worked. I have looked at the HCI devices in the device manager and it shows 'Wacom Penabled MiniDriver','Bluetooth Remote Control', 'HID Compliant Consumer Control Device' and several repeated entries of 'HID-compliant device' but nothing about touch input ! 

I don't understand what is going on, do you think this tablet has touch input available ? Should I try install the touch driver on the lenovo website ? the wacom website ? or am i just wasting my time thinking it has touch input since it is not mentioned on the 7453-FJ9 lenovo support page (that I can see). Any advice on this would be kindly appreciated..

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Re: x200 tablet : does my tablet feature pen AND single touch input or just pen input ?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/partsLookup.page

Type in the first 4 digits of the model number and then the serial number of your machine.

Make a note of the Pt# of the display and the description and I'll see if I can get the specifications for your display.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
pojo

Re: x200 tablet : does my tablet feature pen AND single touch input or just pen input ?

Hi Dave, thanks for the link, from this i found my display has the following part numbers and descriptions :

Mfg P/N FRU P/N Description

42T0569000000012.1 INCH LCD DISPLAY:FLAT PANEL DISPLAY

45N6091000000012.1 INCH LCD DISPLAY ASSEMBLY FRU, WITH

45N609445N6091FLT PNL DS FRU LCD 12WXGA CCFL W/ PROTE 

Anything further you can advise would be kindly appreciated.

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

[ Edited ]

no its not a touchscreen! sorry FRU for touchscreens 93P5615, 93P5617, 13N7270, 63Y3000

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-75164

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Fanfold Paper
pojo

thanks gmac, i don't suppose i could take those touchscreen FRU parts and replace mine making it multitouch ?

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

I not sure which FRU is the hole assym. but to get what you want you will need the digitizer for multitouch & the digitizer LCD panal for multitouch [the clear panal on the LCD] you already have the LCD once in a while you can find them on ebay

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC