Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
anthonyn
Accepted Solution

x201t 2985 fsu screen question

Hello,  and let me thank everyone for all the info listed on this forum.  I do have a question and need everyones help.

First let me introduce myself.  I am a purchasing agent for a retailer that is an authorized lenovo dealer. 
We do love the lenovo product and think that the company is great and provides great service to us and our customers.

My question is:  I am ready to purchase x201t's for our christmas stock.  We purchase thru distribution, not directly thru lenovo although we do have a lenovo rep.  We purchase what distribution stocks and do not make customized purchases.  I understand the 3 screens that are offered....  I need to make this decision this weekend and need to know info about this model:

Lenovo x201t 2985 FSU.......  Is this multitouch?  ...  I know the term can be confusing... so basically regardless of the term... with this model can we use it with a finger as well as the pen?  (mulitple finger input is not critical to our christmas sales but need to know if it can be used with a single finger at all?)

Thank you in advance......

Summary:  Model x201t 2985 FSU........  Is it STRICTLY pen input only?... or can finger input as well... single or both or NONE.

Thanks again

community supermod
erik

Re: x201t 2985 fsu screen question

welcome to the forum!

the 2985-FSU has a pen-only display.   this design is frameless and looks like the X200T shown here.

for future reference, download the latest thinkpad PSREF sheets.   these explain the different features on both preconfigured and topseller models, including the various displays offered with tablet models.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Paper Tape
anthonyn

Erik,

I cannot thank you enough...........  perfect answer to my question regarding the different model numbers available to us thru distribution..........

You have kept me from making a big mistake...  I knew the screens were offered as 'entry', 'outdoor' and 'multi-touch'... but I thought that entry would include touch... just not multiple fingers...  I now believe that 'multi-touch' means finger touch.. even 2 finger touch... but every other screen means no finger touch at all............

thanks again...  I will place our orders tonite based on this info.......  if you are lenovo employed then I thank you even more and hope you recieve some gain in some sort.......

Anthony

community supermod
erik

anthony,

no problem.   glad to be of help.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30