Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
georgezzq
Accepted Solution

x201t with 4 defective pixels

I just found at least 4 defective pixels on the screen of new bought x201t (in warranty).  If I can ask for replacement for this screen and what to do if possible.  Anybody has experience about this?  Thanks

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: x201t with 4 defective pixels

Hi georgezzq, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

With that many defective pixels, you can get the screen replaced under warranty. Call 1-800-426-7378.

Here's the ThinkPad pixel policy:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-69856

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
georgezzq

I'll try the call.  Thanks a lot.

Community Moderator
richk

[ Edited ]

There is a specific policy for dealing with dead or stuck pixels. Having said that, I have had better luck getting screens replaced when I have taken the machine to a Lenovo dealer authorized to do warranty, particularly a Lenovo Premier Partner. If you show the screen to a human being, you are more likely to get it replaced. Unfortunately, it looks to me like the closest dealer to Hood River is in Portland. I would certainly call before going.

Here is the dealer locator
http://bplocator.lenovo.com/

Paper Tape
georgezzq

Lenovo support said they will send me a box to return the laptop and get the screen replacement.

Is there any possibility that Lenovo substitutes a LCD with 1~2 defective pixels for this one?  I am not blaming or showing no confidence on Lenovo.  It is just my bad luck.

Thank richk for the valuable advices.  Hopefully this problem can be fixed before it has to be solved in Portland.

I will update this post for any news.

Community Moderator
richk

Official policy allows some number of dead pixels. In real life, I have had lots of dealings with depot service and have had a lot of screens replaced and I never got a bad one back from the repair depot. The manufacturing process is much better than it used to be.
Paper Tape
georgezzq

Thanks, richk, your reply really comforts me.

Within 24 hours after the call of yesterday, the box was delivered this afternoon.  Another thing that Lenovo deserves a praise is the prepaid UPS service is next day delivery by air, which means tomorrow certain Lenovo technician may get my laptop to be fixed.

Paper Tape
georgezzq

The screen has been replaced. Everything goes OK by now. Anyway, Lenovo EasyServ is so efficient and a good try for whom needs his laptop to be repaired.
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi georgezzq! Thanks for coming back with the final outcome!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!