Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
eric33
Accepted Solution

x220 tablet clicking problem

Hello all,

I have this massive problem with my cursor randomly moving and clicking all over the screen without being touched. I hadn't had this problem until after I had my cracked screen replaced with a new one. I've tried unplugging the mouse, disabling the touchpad, etc. and nothing. Help would be awesome. Thanks ahead.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: x220 tablet clicking problem

Kindly update the BIOS and update the driver from ThinkVantage System Update.

If the issue persist then you need to reinstall the Operating System

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
eric33

Thanks for the response. I updated the BIOS, but the problem still exists. If I were to update the thinkvantage system, the newest one I could find was from 7/25/11. I have windows 7 on 64 bit.

Paper Tape
lanctotsm

I have the same problem, attempted the same solution and found no results. My university has a lenovo repair center would they cover this under warranty if I were to take it there?
Token Ring
joesixgig

There are a few related threads here, but I have yet to see anyone that reports the problem as solved.

For me this gets worse when running a full screen video for some odd reason.  Right now my X220 is plugged in but not charging ('charing will start at 90percent') and it's not doing the random clicking. But the moment I play a full screen youtube video the problem appears, stopping and starting  the video say three times per ten seconds or so. I end up having to unplug the charger to stop it.

Related threads: 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X220-random-clicking/m-p/699817

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Random-clicking-only-when-plugged-into-...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Mouse-cursor-jumps-around-the-screen-ra...

Token Ring
joesixgig

One more symptom to puzzle over. The tablet is still plugged in but not charging, and I see the following: 

- showing the Win7 destop, 12 random clicks in 20 seconds

- opening the Chrome (maximized) new tab page full screen: zero clicks in 20 seconds

- going back to the desktop:  15 random clicks in 20 seconds

- typing this message in chrome: zero random clicks.

- as a sanity test, before posting this: 20 more seconds looking at the desktop: 10 random clicks

How weird is that.. Any theories? 

Serial Port
Chimuel

[ Edited ]

lanctotsm wrote:
I have the same problem, attempted the same solution and found no results. My university has a lenovo repair center would they cover this under warranty if I were to take it there?

@lanctotsm: Don't trust VCU's repair centre

I took mine to another repair center where they took down my information serial number for warranty verification and had me come in the next day. They replaced the panel with no questions asked... for free! Replacement had a dead pixel and they replaced it again! Could definitely recommend them!

--

Chimuel

X220 Tablet Multitouch: Intel Core i7 2640m, 8GB RAM, 80GB Intel 310 Series mSata + 320GB 7200rpm 2.5", Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN, Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0, Fingerprint Reader, 720P Webcam, Battery 6-cell 52+ and 6-cell slice 19+
Fanfold Paper
dbieniek

I have the same issue, which crops up frequently.  It is obviously the touchscreen doing the clicks, since I have it set to show the expanding sonar circle when I touch the screen and all of the random clicks have that circle.  My guess is that the sensitivity of the touchscreen is too high or that it is getting some sort of charge buildup and confusing the touchscreen.  When typing or in IE, you seldom see it (in fact maybe never),but when playing some older full screen games, it is fairly common and on the desktop it is common (1 to 10 times per minute).

My 2 cents.

Fanfold Paper
dbieniek

Soooo..... Any thoughts, Lenovo?  Can the sensitivity of the touchscreen be adjusted somehow?

Fanfold Paper
dbieniek

Hello?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?