Support in other languages: 
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: x220 tablet clicking problem

Hello eric33,

Sorry for the late response, can you reinstall the Operating System and then check with updated driver as issue solve.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Token Ring
joesixgig

A late response here as well. Reinstalling the OS is a rather dramatic troubleshooting step on a production machine.  Is there any reason to believe that this can be a software error? How could the problem disappear while on batteries and reappear when connected to AC if it's software? I can't think of any reason - sounds like a hardware issue to me.  

Paper Tape
unparagoned

I have the same problem. They replaced the screen but I'm still getting the problem, it's not as often as before but it's still there. 

I've also done a system restore and have the latest bios and software installed. Any advice? I'm worried that its a design fault like the screen edges and can't be fixed. Has anyone had it completely fixed?

Token Ring
joesixgig

One user stated that a motherboard replacement fixed it, see here

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Random-clicking-only-when-plugged-into-...

I'm also interested in hearing more success stories before having someone come out and try to fix it.

Token Ring
joesixgig

OK, consider me the next guinua pig - I called it in on Tuesday Aug 14. Spent 20min on the phone with warranty service, and finally the supervisor concluded based on the symptoms that a motherboard and touchpad replacement was in order. Not sure if the  touch pad is necessary, but I'll trust his judgment. Scheduled a visit for Thursday.

First hiccup: heard nothing until Thursday, so had to call back. Was told that  they ordered 'the wrong part' (how does that happen? Why didn't they tell me about the delay?), so now the visit will have to be on Friday. Got called by the tech, who asked 'Is this for an all-in-one'? I'm getting a bit scared.. Will report back once the swap has taken place. 

unrelated, I'm wondering if I should have added a request to change the whole case - half the black paint has come off the bottom and sides with six months of normal use, that can't be right. I also lost the little 'tablet alignment nub' on the right, not sure if that's covered. This thing is coming apart..

Token Ring
joesixgig

While I'm waiting for the tech and trying to reproduce this at my work desk, a couple more befuddling observations: 

- it doesn't happen (at least at this location) when the wifi harware switch is in the off position

- it doesn't happen in dual screen config, even with the tablet screen open and 'touchable'

With external monitor disconnected and wifi active though it goes haywire as before, so at least I can show the problem. Maybe some crosstalk from graphics card and wifi module add up to enough signal to affect the touch screen circuitry? We'll know more if the motherboard swap fixes it. 

Token Ring
joesixgig

Aaaand... fixed! Got the motherboard and trackpad replaced under on-site warranty. It took the guy 40min to pull the whole thing apart, put in the new 'mobo', and update the serial number. No ghost clicks since then, so I'm happy. Never has a stationary mouse pointer looked this nice.

Paper Tape
mhammo15

I experience the exact same issue. It's driving me crazy.

It is not static discharge or anything like that. It actually seem the worst when Flash is playing a video...followed by pretty much any video playback. It also starts this pretty frequently after waking up from sleep.

Paper Tape
thewanderer

Hi,
I'm seeing the same problem. Not willing to send my X220i Tablet for repairs, I have disabled the touch screen using the operating system's features and the phantom clicks are gone.
(If it's any help: xinput disable "Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch" under Linux)

Sure, it is a hardware fault. But at least there's a workaround. And when you do need touch, re-enable it...
(minor observation: it is more frequent when charging from AC than at any other time - also light conditions do not matter, this is not a photovoltaic effect :smileytongue: )
Paper Tape
Jey11

Hi,

I have the same issue with the x220 Tablet (42992QG)

I have experimented a little bit and found out the issue only occures when the touch screen is enabled as reported before.

First of all I already tried a clean install with all lenovo drivers from the lenovo system update software and it didn't help at all.

Now I uninstalled the tablet driver "ISD Tablett" and rebooted.

If I install the driver again without an extern monitor plugged in, every thing works fine until I use an extern monitor. Then the error occures again, but only as long as the touch screen is enabled and the extern monitor is plugged in.

If I install the driver with an extern monitor plugged in instead, everything works as long as an extern monitor is connected. Without an extern monitor the random clicking appeares again.

Reasoned by this observation I guess the driver causes the problem.

Since I like to work with my tablett with and without extern monitor I really would like a fix, such that the touch screen functionality is usable in both modes.