Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
fleetCMDR
Accepted Solution

x220t-Using Digitizer with Photoshop and Illustrator

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I have purchased a x220t and love it. It is a dream come true for graphic designers. However, I have one burning question....

How do I assign the Hand Tool (H) to the button on the digitizer?!

I have another wacom tablet that came with a digitizer with two buttons, and one of them is automatically assigned to the Hand Tool, which makes working in photoshop and illustrator incredibly easy. It would especially be handy with the x220t as you loose access to the physical keyboard when it's in tablet mode. (As a side suggestion, buying a cheap, small compact keyboard increases functionality and effeciency tenfold when working in tablet mode, obviously)

Currently, the button is keyed as the right click. Sorta useful, but not really. It would be much more effecient to have it as the hand tool. How do I do this?????!

Thanks!

-FleetCommander

Fanfold Paper
cleft

Re: x220t-Using Digitizer with Photoshop and Illustrator

1. Fiirst, make sure you're using the latest pen driver (wacom ISD 7.0.2.19 as I recall).

2. Open Pen Tablet Properties under Control Panel

3. Click on the pop-down menu for the button function, it's currently acts as right click

4. Choose Keystroke, press h, name the function and press OK

Fanfold Paper
fleetCMDR

Re: x220t-Using Digitizer with Photoshop and Illustrator

Excellent!

However, I made the following modification to your suggestion...

Instead of assigning (H), I assigned the button to the space bar. In adobe products, holding down the spacebar usually gives you the hand tool. This way, when I let go of the button, it returns to the previous tool. This is how my other wacom digitizer works. Otherwise it would hold the function, becoming equally annoying.

Thanks cleft! Your solution led me to this! Cheers.