Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
AJW1221

x221Thinkpad tablet is Falling Apart

Hi everyone.  My screen of my laptop split away from the back when I tried opening it one day by using the tab that is meant to be used for opening the laptop.  I sent it in to Lenovo with my warranty still in effect and Levovo tired to charge me $900 to repair it!  Because it was general wear they could not cover it with the warranty so I had them send it back.  The next day I went on these forums to see if anybody had the same problems and one person did.  He grabbed the attention of a support technician and they repaired it for free!  I decided it was best to just ignore it and forget Lenovo knowing it was a losing battle since the split didnt effect the performance of the computer.  Now I sat down on my couch and set the thinkpad on my lap and it got very slow and the cursor would stop moving.  So I tired to restart the computer.....and now nothing.  I am assumeing the hardrive shifted but I never dropped the laptop in my life and I take care of it so I have no idea how it could have happend and it's not viruses I scan for them everyday.  I think what is happening to my computer is wrong and my warranty should cover it.  There is no reason why my laptop should have split apart and there is no reason why It should randomly just stop working.  I spent alot of money on this machine and it is wrong that I am charged almost just as much as I paid for it to fix one split and to now have it die is unacceptable.  I have attached pictures of the split on my thinkpad.  Please someone help me because this service and company is ridiculous and in my opinion a whole scam to take my money!  Especially when repair is a service to the customer and not a way to make a profit.

0729122312a.jpg

What's DOS?
AJW1221

Re: x221Thinkpad tablet is Falling Apart

Here is another picture of it

0729122312a.jpg