Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
amorcillo

Re: 90w UltraSlim adapter leads to unusable, jumpy touchpad

Mark, You are right. I bought X1 and 90w Ultraslim AC/DC combo adapter together, because I saw it in the Power Accessories for the X1. It was not working good for the X1. For whatever reason, Lenovo did not change it from recomended products list.

My case:

The battery was damaged. It has been cut half the life in less than 4 months. The touchpad is not enable to use when the X1 is charging, it goes crazy, and the X1 makes a noise when is charging.

Punch Card
Bibbleq

Hello Lenovo...

any updates / ETA for a resolution PLEASE! starting to get quite miffed now

ta

Serial Port
blinkingled

I dont know if I am day dreaming and I haven't done any extensive testing - but just ran System Update - it updated itself and then proceeded to offer Synaptics touchpad driver update which I installed. Prior to update the machine was on 90W power adapter with consistently jumpy touchpad. After the update it rebooted and the touchpad is fine - I am liking it even.

Just hoping this isn't a fluke and the problem is fixed for good. For others who are having similar problem - no harm in trying the update though. Just report your experience here.

Punch Card
Bibbleq

Hi good to know will take a look, was that "Version 15.3.27.1" ?

Ben

Serial Port
blinkingled

Bibbleq wrote:

Hi good to know will take a look, was that "Version 15.3.27.1" ?

Ben

15.3.39.1  Dated 4/5/2012.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

I'm definitely interested in hearing your experience with the newer drivers - to the best of my knowledge, they don't contain an update specifically targeting the symptoms reported by some customers when using the 90w adapter.

We do have a couple of potential solutionsthat may be soon available.  I know this issue has been around a while and I apologize that it has taken a while to work out.

I believe the issue was isolated to the X220 and it's touchpad, so I'm curious about he reports on the X1.  This AC adapter should be compatible with the X1 - I'm not sure what support would say it was not.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
blinkingled

Still doing ok with 15.3.39.1 drivers dated 4/5/2012. I say OK and not great because there is some stiffness while using the trackpad that has appeared post the update - it takes a bit more effort to move cursor around. But the good news is that I haven't experienced any wonkiness / erratic movement which was happening all the time previously.
Fanfold Paper
User001

well with my linux fix i posted on the other page, which basically makes the OS ignore the electrical noise from the touchpad, i get the same stiffness in using the mouse, because it ignores events it doesnt react as quick or as smooth as before.. so i guess someone from lenovo saw my post and decided to put it into windows? great.. i begin to think this is a hardware issue and cant really be fixed otherwise
Punch Card
Bibbleq

Tried that version (15.3.39.1) of the driver in Windows and it's made no difference. If anything things were worse but I was working from a client site that i've not used before - I've noticed that some electrical sockets / circuits are worse than others...

Serial Port
blinkingled

Bibbleq wrote:

Tried that version (15.3.39.1) of the driver in Windows and it's made no difference. If anything things were worse but I was working from a client site that i've not used before - I've noticed that some electrical sockets / circuits are worse than others...

Just took me longer - you might be right about sockets - the problem is back and it is plugged into a different outlet.

Sigh.