Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
renaud

Re: 90w UltraSlim adapter leads to unusable, jumpy touchpad

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Any chance to get the same fix for X1 laptops?

Thanks,
Renaud

What's DOS?
dgoldsmith

I never use the touchpad, however have the same issues with the trackpoint.  Will this update fix the similar trackpoint issues?

Thanks

What's DOS?
hcubed

[ Edited ]

I would just like to chime in here. I have an X1 that has been working just fine until today. I plugged in a large external monitor into the DisplayPort for the first time and now the touchpad is unusable. It jumps and clicks randomly and sometimes just doesn't respond. I unplugged the monitor, but the problem persists. I found this thread and then unplugged the A/C adapter (standard 65W adapter) and the touchpad works again. If I plug the monitor in with the A/C adapter unplugged, it does not work. Anyway, pretty annoying...

Will the X220 fix work for my X1?

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Filbert_

Unfortunately / fortunately, I had not come across this forum. I have experienced this issue from day one, which I followed up with roughly a dozen support calls to Lenovo, 3 replacements slim line adaptors, 3 onsite technician call outs, and replacement of almost every possible machine part. Lenovo then wanted me to send in my machine for testing in their sterile environment (yet would not consider my request to test one of their own x220 machines with a slim line adaptor). Last week follow further complaints of the unresolved issue I was provided with a new x230 replacement machine.

Punch Card
Bibbleq

So did you end up having to send th X220 in? Thats the stage I've got to but refused.

Also more importantly does the X230 have the same issue?!

Paper Tape
Filbert_

I refused to send in my X220 as I use it for business and require it on a daily basis, furthermore they could not confirm how long I would be without it. It really was odd considering I forked out $400+ for a 4Y onsite warranty, 3 Lenovo technicians confirmed the fault, yet Lenovo had no interest in determining the actual issue or testing the adaptor on one of their own machines.

To be totally honest, I'm not game to use the slimline adaptor on my X230 or on any other device, ie charging my mobile phone, for fear that will damage the battery or possibly the machine, so today I purchased another 65W adaptor.

My X220 will be picked up tomorrow having been given a grace period to move my data and files across.

Paper Tape
TheProfessor52

I just noticed this exact same issue with the Lenovo Ideapad Y580. Unplugging the power adapter and working off of the battery does fix the erratic trackpad, but I would like a fix for the Y580 as well or I plan to return the laptop.

Paper Tape
Filbert_

My opinion is the slim line adapter is a faulty product and should be recalled....
Paper Tape
3dcboz

Before and after firmware and all driver and windows update I still have same issue using this 90 watt adapter:

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.dk/AC-Adapter-Charger-for-IBM-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X100e-X120e-X220-Tablet-90W-U...

No problem when using a 600 watt 8 kilogram heavy prof lab power supply PS3020

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/38502-led-lab-psu-0-30v20a-ps3020.html

When connection lan wire it is slightly better, but I still need to connect my body to X220 metal before touchpad is working.

Is it because of 50/60 Hz? I have 50 Hz and the label inside touchpad say 60 Hz?

Punch Card
jcb193

Mark Lenovo, 

Is there a patch for the x1 carbon. I just noticed tonight, after trying out my new 90 w slim charger that I am having same problem