Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
rfast10430

Active Protection Error

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I have an X60 Thinkpad and when I rebooted, I got the following error, "Active protection is not functioning as system detected the abnormal sensor status.  To diagnose the sensor device, run PC DOCTOR DOS - HDD Active Protection Test and if it still shows, contact Help and Service for repair."   The only problem is, my laptop only came installed with PC Doctor 5 for Windows and when I run it, I can't find any way to test the Active Protection System.  Help!

Note from Moderator: Please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you.

Message Edited by andyP on 06-13-2008 08:45 AM
What's DOS?
lechu668

Re: Active Protection Error

I have the same problem,help me!
What's DOS?
lechu668

I an eager  lenovo to help me about this problem.help help 

Fanfold Paper
rfast10430

I solved this problem shortly after I posted my original message but I can't remember for sure exactly what I did. 

I think Lenovo had me install all Microsoft Windows updates for my operating system (Windows XP) and then restart the system.  I think when I did that it solved the problem.

What's DOS?
lechu668

oh?that problem has been solved?

how you get the solution a? by call the lenovo's free call ? or use system update by youself?

thank you! 

Fanfold Paper
rfast10430

[ Edited ]
If I remember correctly, I called Lenovo and they told me the first thing to do was to make sure I had installed all the updates for my operating system.   I installed the updates through the Microsoft Windows Updater on the Microsoft website.  After installing them I rebooted, and the problem went away.
Message Edited by rfast10430 on 10-27-2008 10:56 AM
Blue Screen Again
locus

[ Edited ]
I just had this on an R61 running Vista.  Installing the latest updates & rebooting has apparently fixed the problem.
Message Edited by locus on 12-10-2008 04:42 PM