Support in other languages: 
802.11n
joncordova

Any luck with anti-glare screen protectors? (or fighting dust on all Thinkpad LCD screens)

My laptop screens collect dust aggressively. I have a real hard time cleaning the dust out from the corners of the screen, right where the screen gets covered by the bezel.

That's why in principle, I prefer laptops to have edge-to-edge "glass" covering the LCD. It might cause glare, but if the screen is glossy anway, what's the difference? (Only the X220t tablet has anti-glare edge-to-edge.) It makes it easier to clean, because the dust can't get trapped in the edge of the bezel.

And it would make it a snap to install an anti-glare screen protector. I'd just have to line it up instead of squeezing it through a bezel inset.

But as it is, installing an anti-glare screen protector on my X220 would make me feel much better about taking a microfiber cloth to the screen.

So, has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with screen protectors? Do they provide any discernable protection to the screen? What's the best way to install them safely? Do they hold up well? Is there a brand with a matte version that doesn't make the image too blurry or speckled?