Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
storemahmail

Battery light blinking orange

Hi, 

My battery is fully charged but the battery light on the computer is blinking orange.  My x61 tells me that a battery error has occurred, the battery cannot be charged and that I must replace it.  This is odd, as the computer is barely more than a year old, and this should not happen to a battery so soon.  Is this potentially a software issue?  The night before this happened Vista had an automatic update and restarted; when I hibernated the computer and took it to work in the morning the error came up.  I'm not sure if there's a connection between the two events.

Any ideas about what it could be and suggestions about what to do?

Thanks very much.   

ajkula66
Kudos: 750
Solutions: 794

Re: Battery light blinking orange

Welcome to the forum!

Your battery is defective and will damage the charging circuit on the motherboard if you keep on using it.

This is NOT a software issue and should be taken seriously.

You should check with Lenovo whether your battery is on the list of recalled ones.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Fanfold Paper
storemahmail

Thanks,

I'll try calling lenovo.  Do you know what may have caused the battery to fail? I don't think my battery is under recall or warranty...

What's DOS?
fbochatay

[ Edited ]

I had exactly the same problem 2 days ago with similar laptop. Strange coincidence!

Did you find a solution? The problem is very close to the one described here http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67765.html.

Thanks,

François

Message Edited by fbochatay on 12-12-2008 07:39 AM
Fanfold Paper
storemahmail

Hi, I got another battery and it works now...Have to wonder about a product where the battery fails so prematurely.  You can buy a lenovo brand battery from Amazon and it will ship much faster and for a bit cheaper.
What's DOS?
sinhuei

Battery light blinking orange

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have almost the same problem. But one thing different is that my battery seems to be not charged at all. Once I disconnect the ac adaptor, the laptop goes off. And if i put in battery and ac adaptor, the light din blink, but after around half an hour it blinks again. The battery seemed to be unable to charge at all. My laptop model is acer travelmate 3000. Please help me!!!

Message Edited by sinhuei on 12-22-2008 01:21 AM
Paper Tape
Ed_mba

I doubt if it is a battery issue. I have the same issue as SinHuei and others on my X60. I ran the IE-7 critical security update and since then I have an orange light with error that battery is not working and system can not charge it. 

Before that, I used to get 3-4hrs on by 8hrs battery. It was not optimial but nothing critical that system should stop recharging the battery altogether.

There is more to it and I hope someone from Lenovo helps us out.

What's DOS?
Zman1995

I x86 is doing the blinking orange thing....power meter is 100%....is it a fuse?  if so where is that?  or a do I need a battery?

Also, had a system reload and now my shortcuts-volume, up and down,mute, access IBM,do not work...

I have a x86  i think...can anyone help or point me in the right way?

thanks a bunch!