Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
JNavas

Re: Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate II 6.4.0.1500 error beep

[ Edited ]

billbolton wrote:

JNavas wrote:

Do you have "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" installed in Control Panel, and do you have BTTray.exe installed in your Startup folder? This is what causes the error beep issue, not the driver.

Yes to both.

And you are sure there is no error beep when BTTray.exe is executed?

billbolton wrote:

As far as numbering goes..... the IBM and Lenovo numbers for the ThinkPad release packages which rely on third party developed drivers have usually followed the relevant driver vendor's numbering scheme, and there have been many instances where the driver vendor concerned has differing version numbering between the package and the driver.

MIGR-66898 (link corrected) is a "third party developed driver" (Synaptics).

Likewise Audio (Conexant).

Likewise Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.

etc.

These have driver versions matching the release package versions.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

JNavas wrote:

And you are sure there is no error beep when BTTray.exe is executed?

Yes, I am sure. 

BTW, any tray item that generates a warning or exception will usually cause a beep and display a ballon text.  Do you see a balloon text and if so, what does it say?

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
802.11n
JNavas

billbolton wrote:
BTW, any tray item that generates a warning or exception will usually cause a beep and display a ballon text.  Do you see a balloon text and if so, what does it say?

There is no "balloon" (popup), which isn't surprising since the error beep comes from executing BTTray.exe (as I've noted a number of times). If BTTray.exe is removed from the Startup folder there is no error beep on startup, and the error beep will sound if BTTray.exe is then manually executed.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Punch Card
Altadena_Mark

I'm experiencing the exact same beep on my new X1.

802.11n
JNavas

ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 update arrived via Windows Update (installed here 8/15/2011).

Driver version is 07/20/2011 6.5.0.1445. Did not reintroduce the startup "ding" problem.

Hope that helps,
John