Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
dave0910

Connecting to HDTV via HDMI

I have a Sharp HDTV that is approximately 4 years old. I just recently purchased an X120e laptop equipped with the HDMI port. When I plug the HDMI cable into the TV and then plug it into my computer, there is no display on the computer or on the TV. When I unplug the cable from the computer, my display reappears on the computer screen. I have tried the fn + F7 button while the cable is connected to both the TV and computer and still nothing. Am I not doing something correctly? Are there settings on either the TV or the computer I need to change to make this work? Thanks!

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Connecting to HDTV via HDMI

To view the computer screen on external display via HDMI cable.

Connect the cable to the computer then to external display after that press Fn+F7 key three times the display will come on external display.

Kindly update the graphics driver and BIOS if any issue persist and make sure the HDMI cable you are using is fine.

If there is any issue with the HDMI cable then the display will not transfer.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!