Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Hazique

Connection Problem with Huawei EM660 on ThinkPad X100e

Hi,

I recently bought a Huawei EM660 3G Modem to add to my X100e.

After installing it in the PCIe Mini slot, fixing it in place with a screw, connecting the antennas and installing the firmware available on the Lenovo site,  I tried to connect to the Internet by dial-up, but got an error message 777.

Did I install the modem correctly?

I'm running Windows 7 on the X100e.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Connection Problem with Huawei EM660 on ThinkPad X100e

hey Hazique,

could you pass me the link to the firmware that you use ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
kaiserhaz

Retired Employee
Serge1410

many thanks for the link.

btw, have you tried the Huawei website and see if they have any newer drivers ?

also, is the EM660 being detected in the Device Manager ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
kaiserhaz

Yep, I did check their website, but there were no drivers provided. But they did hint on a connection program called "Mobile Partner" which I then installed, but still no success.

Btw, the Device Manager does detect the device.

The only problem is that every time I dial, it gives me error 777.

I suspect that there might be something wrong with the SIM card slot.

Is there a way to verify?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

one of the ways to verify is to insert a different simcard into into it or use the simcard on a different device

WW Social Media

Fanfold Paper
kaiserhaz

I did try to insert the broadband SIM card to my phone, and yes, the phone does detect it (sadly it's not unlocked T-T).

Could it be that the contacts in the SIM card holder on the motherboard is damaged?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

for this i would recommend getting in contact with tech support for their advice

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/fr/fr/

WW Social Media

Fanfold Paper
kaiserhaz

Hello again,

Just one question : I figured out that my ThinkPad has a WWAN upgradeable feature (meaning that by default, it shouldn't have a WWAN card) and I'm guessing that to add such feature to my ThinkPad, I'd need to bring it in to a service center, am I correct?

I thought about it because I was messing around with SiSoftware Sandra and I found out that the SIM card slot can't detect any SIM card at all. My guess is that it was deactivated (and I have no idea how to activate it). So probably the guys at Lenovo know something about this.

I'd prefer not to bring it in (since there isn't any Lenovo repair center nearby my place), but if all else fails, then I'd probably consider it.

What's DOS?
adeeriswan

Hi all,

I've just installed Huawei EM660 into my ThinkPad X100e (buy separately)

I'm wondering why the Mobile Partner cannot detect this modem? It shows no signal at all

Btw i still can do the dial up through Win7 native dial-up and yes, Ubuntu recognized this modem at no problem.