Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
ionelroza

Creating recovery media for my X220i

Hi

I have a Thinkpad X220i bought 1 month ago and i wan't to create an USB stick recovery media. I know the software application allows it, but i can't find anywhere (used search engines, forums, but all explain that you are allowed to use CDs, DVDs and USB devices) what storage capacity is required for this, or how many USB sticks are required? Or is a USB HDD required?

In short:

- minimum storage required for usb stick to be used as recovery media

- how many usb sticks are required, if more than 1

Ionel

Guru
x220forMe

Re: Creating recovery media for my X220i

[ Edited ]

1. If you'e talking about recovery media, launch Lenovo Rescue & Recovery application in advanced mode, make media, USB stick or CD, the size is about 400 mb.
2. If you need media for recovery laptop to the factory stage, launch Lenovo Factory Recovery Disks application, make boot media and data media. The total size is about 9,5 gb. The boot media is less then 0,5 gb, the data media should be standard DVD (3 pieces). Or it can be the single USB stick for boot and data.

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Russia flag Русскоязычное Сообщество   English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
What's DOS?
ionelroza

Re: Creating recovery media for my X220i

Thank you!

Yes, i was referring to point 2, sorry for the confusion. So for this i'll need at least a 16GB usb stick.