Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
AlbertoSilva
Accepted Solution

Critical problems with X1 Carbon updated to Windows 8.1

I've updated my X1 Carbon 346082G to Windows 8.1 64 bit using the store update app, then downloaded the updated drivers for the X1 Carbon 3460 download page and...

• The updated camera driver doesn't seems to find the integrated camera. Skype doesn't find it neither. Worked perfectly before the update to 8.1

• The updated fngerprint app doesn't seems to find the fingerprint reader. Worked perfectly before the update to 8.1

• The integrated USB 2.0 port (left side) stopped working, doesn't recognize any devices. Worked perfectly before the update to 8.1. The USB 3.0 port still works

• The ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock is not recognized by the computer. Worked perfectly before the update to 8.1

• The updated System Update app doesn't create a shortcut in the installed apps list, I have to launch it manually from c:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\System update\tvsu.exe

• When I run the update System Update  (5.3.5) it doesn't find any new drivers

Anyone else having problems with the update on similar models?

Paper Tape
urban_dk

Re: Critical problems with X1 Carbon updated to Windows 8.1

I would add that after the update the fan is on basically non-stop... 

Any ideas?

Fanfold Paper
AlbertoSilva

Fan seems to be quiet here.

Do these forums get attention from Lenovo staff?

Paper Tape
urban_dk

No idea - i hope so though

but does your fan turn on anytime or is it basically always on - like working relatively silently or you can't hear it at all... 

thanks,

urban

Fanfold Paper
AlbertoSilva

Now that you ask, it seems to be working silently, or maybe its just the noisy air conditionner that prevents me from hearing it...

Paper Tape
urban_dk

ok, then it is same here... but i have a feeling it is on more then it was with win 8... 

i hate those things!

Fanfold Paper
AlbertoSilva

Thinkpad USB 3.0 dock seems to be working as a USB Hub, but not the ethernet or DVI ports, the ones I miss the most...

For those who may be wondering what does still work after the update:

- keyboard, trackpad and touchpad

- sound

- wifi and 3G modem, not sure about bluetooth

Paper Tape
jmblack42

in my case, the usb 3.0 dock seems to be working except for the dvi ports.  I also had a problem where my wifi would connect to my router but not to the internet, so i switched to the wired lan connection on the dock.  after a while the wifi started working again.

i also updated my ideatab lynx, and now it's slower and won't sleep. 

8.1 has been a disaster for me so far.

Fanfold Paper
AlbertoSilva

My X1 doesn't seems to recognize the ethernet port on the dock.

About the update to 8.1, a colleague was downloading the 8.1 update for his Toshiba Tecra S11 and before I warned him about the issues I was having, he confirmed the update. Since it's a computer 2 years older than my X1 Carbon I feared he woud have even more serious issues with the update, but on his case, everything seems to be working as before.

HPG
Punch Card
HPG

I've encountered two problems: 1. The fingerprint reader doesn't work at log-in, although the desktop app that configures the fingerprint reader responds to fingerprints just fine. 2. The Power icon in Lenovo Settings has disappeared, meaning that a lot of useful settings have disappeared. In particular, my machine is currently set for working for extended periods with external power plugged in, meaning that the battery is at 50%, and there doesn't seem to be any way of changing it so that it will charge to 100% when needed. I'm astonished that Lenovo hasn't got ready for 8.1 -- it's been available for months for testing.