Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
ahmedkazi

Dead Battery Syndrome - 3 to 4 hours of charging and the next day it went dead!

[ Edited ]

My Lenovo X200 battery just gave up without a reason. It was giving me a charge time of 3-4 hours with the power manager showing that the battery was in good condition. However, the next day it just gave up and now it has essentially turned into a desktop as if I unplug it, the system will shut down. Moreover, the power manager is displaying that the battery has failed due to normal wear and tear. 

Here are the details of the system:

Notebook bought: April 2009

Cycle Count: 195

Product ID: 7454CTO
Serial Number: XXXXXXX

Thank you the help.

moderator note: removed serial number from public view for owner's protection.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 347
Solutions: 233

Re: Dead Battery Syndrome - 3 to 4 hours of charging and the next day it went dead!

the chip inside the battery detected a problem with one or more cells and shut it down.  your only choice is a new battery.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Token Ring
heretohelp

Re: Dead Battery Syndrome - 3 to 4 hours of charging and the next day it went dead!

[ Edited ]

Some general info to put cycle counts into perspective...

From what I have read in quite a few locations the average lithium battery life expectancy should be about 300-500 cycles or 2-3 years this excludes situations where the battery is subjected to excessive environmental and low voltage situations.

For eg my X61 being just on 3 years old has a battery cycle count of 281 and its Power manager rating is in good condition.

Can anyone explain how to find out the manufacturing date of my lithium battery It is a significant factor in determining a batteries life expectancy but I have just realised I have no idea hot to figure it out ??