Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jareza

Display issue on x120e (grainy pic)

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

As you can see I'm new here. I have been a Mac user for the last 20 years or so, but needed a windows laptop to run some basic programs I need for work.

I saw this laptop X120e that had an amazing form factor, lightweight, good specs that could be upgraded.. Its not a netbook but its not a fullsized laptop, its just awesome!  and price was crazy cheap!

Technical issue:

Ive had my x120e for a couple of days and started noticing a grainy picture, basically on everything that is white:

I thougth that it could be software related and I even formated my HDD using a clean copy of windows 7.

this did not fix anything... using thinkpads display drivers do not help either.

I am attaching a PRINT SCREEN image to show you what I mean by grainy picture. From my experience this could be a motherboard issue since the screen capture came out like this... If it was my LCD display then the screen capture would not be shown on the attached file with the grainy effect

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

thanks!

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Paper Tape
jareza

Re: Display issue on x120e (grainy pic)

please ignore this post, I just opened the attached picture on my mac and it looks like it should, I will take a picture with my camera to show what I mean
sorry for the inconvenience
Paper Tape
jareza

[ Edited ]

Here is a picture I took with my camera

I know it might be hard to see, but the grainy effects start to notive below the diagnose connection problems

Any ideas?

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,238
Solutions: 1,331

this sort grain pattern is usually to do with the LCD hardware. Maybe you could get the warranty service to look at it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
jareza

thats what i thought....
i will call them to see what steps should i take