Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
bucketz

Does your X120e 65W ac adapter look like this?

I received my laptop about a week or two weeks ago. And was wondering if everyone else's Line Cord to AC adapter looked like this? The line cord looks like it was designed to go further in. When attaching the Line Cord to the ac adapter, only half of it goes in (shown through picture) http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5603/x120eacadapter.jpg The ac adapter charges and does what it's suppose to do, but I was just expressing some concern.

Afraid it was flawed,  I contacted customer service and spoke with a tech from Atlanta, Georgia two days ago. She did an excellent job at trying to resolve my concern by sending me a line cord replacement. I received the product yesterday and unfortunately, the line cord was the same and the concern was not resolved. Yesterday, I spoke with another tech, he did an excellent at hoping the ac adapter was the problem. I received the new product today and to my dismay, it's the same ac adapter. 

I just got off the phone with another tech today that had terrible customer service. I nicely expressed my concern that perhaps this ac adapter is flawed because it cannot go in entirely as indicated by the grooves located on the Line Cord. He rushed my conversation with an emphasis "If it ain't broke, dont fix it. Goodbye."

So my question to community.. (which I probably should have asked when I was concerned with the product)... What does your X120e 65W AC Adapter looks like with the Line Cord plugged into the AC Adapter... Does it plug in all the way or half way like my picture?

My line cord ID# is 42T5008 and the AC Adapter is Model 45N0121.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate all of your feed back. 

Punch Card
rtype

Re: Does your X120e 65W ac adapter look like this?

it's normal

Guru
HiVolt

Re: Does your X120e 65W ac adapter look like this?

[ Edited ]

I can't be 100% sure, but when I had my X120e it looked exactly like the X220 adapter I have right now.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/lenovoadapter.jpg/

I think they just use various suppliers of the cord itself, and on some the cut out notch on the plug is bigger than others. I am pretty sure the electrical connection is still fine with what you have and I wouldn't worry. Also the plug on the cord I have seems round and even, while yours has thicker molded plastic around it for what I think is better grip.

Here is the pic of the plug by itself, compare it to yours when unplugged and see if the notch is longer. I suspect that's all it is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/lenovoplug.jpg/

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |