Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mLyn
Accepted Solution

External monitor for X61 - analog or digital

Hi -

I have the X61, with the ultrabase. I want to buy an external monitor for it.

I noticed that some monitors are listed as "analog", and some are listed as "analog/digital".  Will the X61 work with either kind? If so, how do you connect it? Do you have to use any software to make it work?

Thanks in advance. I am a newbe at this, so please feel free to add any extra information that you think might be useful.
802.11n
icantux

Re: External monitor for X61 - analog or digital

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

The output on the X6 Ultrabase is analogue but most monitors sold come with either analogue or digital input - some with both, others with either one. Your purchase of the monitor should not be limited to the connector type for the simple reason that there are conversion connectors readily and cheaply available that, if need be, convert the analogue signal for a digital connection. Thus, it really is up to you, the deals that you can get on an external monitor to make a purchase of such.

Next, there's no worry about running dual monitors on the X61. Using either Vista or XP, you'll be able to seemlessly use either monitor or both. You can make the selection in the display properties (of either operating system). No additional software required for this to work.

Hope that helps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mLyn

Re: External monitor for X61 - analog or digital

Yes, that helps. Thanks very much.