Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
Puppy

Re: Faint Ghosting on X220 IPS screen

[ Edited ]

iBetterDoNow wrote:

When first received X220 (4286CTO) a month ago (it was ordered on 6/16), I noticed light bleeding at the bottom and view angle not as broad as other IPS screen.

I guess the panel technology is e-IPS, that's why viewing angles are smaller than on better IPS variants:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/content/panel_technologies_content.htm#e-ips

Has anyone found a datasheet for the panel ? Or is it the best kept secret ?

SCSI Port
MikeM

Puppy wrote:

Has anyone found a datasheet for the panel ? Or is it the best kept secret ?

FWIW, I tried the other day and struck out :smileysad:  In doing so I came across references to:

LP125WH2 

LP125WH2 -SLB1 & LP125WH2-(SL)(B1)

LP125WH2 -TLB1 & LP125WH2-(TL)(B1)

LP125WH2 -TLD1 & LP125WH2-(TL)(D1)

Can anyone nail-down how the suffix should be interpreted?

Punch Card
Konni

Mine is a LP125WH2 -SLB1.
What's DOS?
iBetterDoNow

How to figure out X220 display model?  Thanks

Punch Card
Konni

iBetterDoNow schrieb:

How to figure out X220 display model?  Thanks

I used HWInfo64:

http://www.hwinfo.com/

What's DOS?
iBetterDoNow

HWinfo64 showed x220 Monitor Name is LP125WH2-SLB1, too.

Does this mean anything?  Thanks

Fanfold Paper
silencer51

There appears to be great variation regarding the time required for image persistence to kick in on these panels.

In my X220, built in 6/25, it takes over 30-40 minutes for image persistence to become visible and it only shows up on a completely black background, I tried every other color and I could not spot it. On black it shows up as a faint outline.

Fanfold Paper
underst0rm

Mine is also a LP125WH2-SLB1, and shows ghosting quite fast.

Lenovo, this is not exceptable - I love your machine - but hate this display.  I wrote to most technology blogs I know off - hopefully some descide to bring some attantion to the the matter.

Fanfold Paper
jcode

[ Edited ]

All the screen options are affected? Why if I did'nt upgrade to the LCD to the premium HD?

I'm just ordered a x220 i7 SSD 128 with the premium HD panel, but I think that I can call ASAP to ask Lenovo to build my unit with the normal cheaper panel.

After my purchase arrive my laptop will travel to Chile in which I live so returning to the service if the panel comes unusuable is not an option.

Is safer to change my order for a i5 with no HD panel to avoid this common problems?

is the SSD 128 a good option too?

Thanks!

José Antonio

802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

jcode wrote:

All the screen options are affected? Why if I did'nt upgrade to the LCD to the premium HD?

I'm just ordered a x220 i7 SSD 128 with the premium HD panel, but I think that I can call ASAP to ask Lenovo to build my unit with the normal cheaper panel.

After my purchase arrive my laptop will travel to Chile in which I live so returning to the service if the panel comes unusuable is not an option.

Is safer to change my order for a i5 with no HD panel to avoid this common problems?

is the SSD 128 a good option too?

Thanks!

José Antonio

Jose,

It's not clear what percentage of IPS screens are affected (mine is fine, excellent in fact), and how serious the problem really is (ghosting in the few pictures posted here is quite faint), but if you do want to switch to the standard TN screen (less bright, narrower viewing angle), I suggest you call Lenovo Sales with your order number ASAP -- don't wait for an answer here!

SSD will make your system significantly faster in things like loading programs, but it won't have much effect on typical things like web browsing, email, etc. Only you can decide if it's worth the money or not. I got a hard disk system, then added an 80GB Intel 310 mSATA SSD for OS and programs, keeping my data on the hard disk. Works great, less expensive than pure SSD with much more capacity (which I need).

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]