Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
LilHayah

Fan Error on X201

[ Edited ]

I bought my X201 (3249CTO) last october from lenovo's website. 2 weeks ago, my laptop became unable to boot up except showing "Fan Error" message. Before that, my laptop sometimes suddenly shut down(directly to dark screen) with no reason. 

The Warranty is going to expire tonight. I still can not find the entry to report this error and ask for repair on this lenovo's official website. Most links I've seen are "check....", "check...", or "extend or upgrade"... and some software solutions. I can not find any tech support email. When I go to the "CONTACT" page, most contact info is about sale, business. After I click, click and click, I found that "800-xxxxxxx" tech support number. Following the instructions, I press 1, 1, 1... and hearing a lot of electric voice"please go to www.lenovo.com.....", I heard that their manual service was only available during 8a - 8p Mon - Fri. While I'm most on class during that time. Why don't they have an email for warranty service?

How can I contact them to return my laptop back and get repaired?

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Fan Error on X201

@LilHayah,

You would need to call the tech support via the number 800-xxxxxx then they would advice you on how to get the laptop shipped back for service or if you have a onsite service.

There are no emails for tech support.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Community Moderator
richk

Re: Fan Error on X201

In U.S. 1-800-426-7378 is available 24 hours per day