Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
thomastt37

Hi There from the UK

I am a new subscriber to this forum having just purchased a refurbished X61 Model 7673 12" Thinkpad which I believe has the 2.0ghz Dual Core Processor and 4gb of DDR2 PC6400 Ram.The OS is Windows XP SP3.This didn't come with any Recovery Disc or User Guide etc

Firstly..How do I obtain or make a Recovery Disc and the Users Guide

Secondly would it be possible to Upgrade to Windows 7 64Bit at a later stage?

Thirdly.How can I tell what the battery condition is and what battery I have installed ie 8cell or 4 cell?and how long should it last and how long should it take to charge?

Hope someone can help?

michael

NB Hope I have posted in the correct section for older Laptops?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Hi There from the UK

Hello and welcome,

I don't see a user's guide in the X61 User's Guides and Manuals page.  Closest I can come is following the ".. for Thinkpads... link.   The matrix shows Access Help online User's Guide - ThinkPad X61, X61s

That may have some useful information - it may already be installed on your system.

According to the X61 Detailed Specifications page, you have one of these processors:

• Intel Core 2 Duo SV T7100 (1.8GHJz)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo SV T7300 (2GHz)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo LV L7300 (1.4GHz)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo LV L7500 (1.6GHz)

Intel says they all support 64 bit operation.  (Mabye verify your specific CPU against Intel docs)

Depending on how your machine is set up, you should be able to burn recovery media as an option in Rescue & Recovery, or via the start menu as something like Create Recovery Media.

The power management software should give you battery information.  Click on the battery in the tool tray.

All the above assumes your machine has the Lenovo factory image installed.  If someone has installed a "vanilla" Microsoft OS or something else, it's a different story.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
thomastt37

Hi Zoltan..Thank you very much for your comprehensive and helpful reply..Michael
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

1) you would need to purchase the recovery media from lenovo service.

2) Yes you can, but you would need to get the retail Windows 7 64 bit and install it yourself. You can download all the drivers using the Thinkvantage System Update.

3) 8 cells battery stick out at the back of the laptop.

4 cell on mine last about 2.5 hours to 3 hours and 8 cells usually double that.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft