Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
androidtopp

Imaging X201 with MDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with the new X201 hardware - I have a captured WIM image of Windows XP SP3 that I am deploying out of MDT 2010. The image is deployed to the machine without any issues, but once it reboots and tries to begin the mini-setup, the machine hangs at a black screen.

I know that the proper storage drivers are installed, since the boot process does make a little progress - when I try to enter safe mode, the machine stops after (or maybe during) loading AGPCPQ.DLL, which appears to be some kind of video driver. These X201s have an Intel HD Graphics adapter. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm on the most recent BIOS version, and the last thing I know to try would be including the X201 video driver in my reference image, which is something I'd rather not do. Has this issue bitten anyone else?

Thanks,
Andrew

Paper Tape
Tekreck

Re: Imaging X201 with MDT 2010

With Lenovo's System Drivers for the Intel Chipset, extract them to a temp directory and import into Out of Box Drivers. Use Inject Driver step in task sequence and ensure Selection Profile includes MDT folder holding the files.