Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Bastian

Re: Intel graphics drivers performance improvement

Thank you!

My grapichs score rose from 5.9 to 6.3!

Have anyone got any experience with external grapichs and the X220?

TP X220 | i5-2520 | 160 GB SSD | 8 GB RAM |
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

Kruger wrote:
Well it did quite the opposite to me. My graphics score move to 4.2 from 4.7 and gaming graphics move to 5.7 from 6.1.
How on earth did you have that high scores for graphics to even begin with? Mine is X220 i5 also.

Do you have only one memory module? You need two memory modules for best performance.

See "Performance gain from dual memory modules (including graphics)".

I'm getting some desktop performance boost, but lost a bit in gaming (down from 6.3).

I'm seeing variability run to run in WEI, so I'm guessing the new driver has some sort of auto tuning logic.

UPDATE1: Perhaps it's my imagination, but I think the new Intel display driver is significantly better at rendering smooth gradients on the IPS panel, particularly noticeable to me at the bottom of the blue Think wallpaper.

UPDATE2: Further runs of WEI on both 65W and 90W adapters have pushed up graphic performance as shown in the 2nd capture below.

65W Adapter, fully charged battery installed, latest Lenovo BIOS & drivers, Maximum Performance profile

UPDATE2: Futher runs of WEI on both 65W and 90W adapters

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Punch Card
Joshbb

[ Edited ]

if you browse to the intel support site you can find an even newer driver than the one linked in this thread,  8.15.10.2509 I think it is,

my little  x121e with the i3 and 6gb ram has a gaming graphics score of 6.1 fwiw

Punch Card
motomandk

I am also using the 2418 version of the Intel HD driver.

The Aero score is 5.9 and gaming is 6.1 - with maximum power profile and 65w power supply.

Any other settings i should check???

/Henrik - Denmark
X220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)
Punch Card
sneakymoose

Has anyone noticed an occasional graphics glitch with these 2418 drivers? At first I thought it was only happening in Firefox and therefore maybe a Firefox issue, but now in another app I saw the same thing:

A small square area, approximately 30x30 pixels in size, filled with each pixel being a randomly selected color. The pixel colors change as you move the mouse cursor. Generally scrolling the window or resizing/moving it causes the corrupted square area to disappear.

Punch Card
Joshbb

[ Edited ]

maybe try the 2509 driver   Official Intel download site

take a look a  the fixes  in the   release notes (pdf), it says it fixes a rendering anomaly in chrome and Firefox amongst other things

Punch Card
sneakymoose

[ Edited ]

Joshbb,

Hmm.. no go. The installer exits saying "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.    Setup will exit."

So I'll wait on Lenovo to provide the fix...

Also the release notes mention a fix for WebGL which I don't believe the web pages I'm visiting (such as this one) to be using.

Punch Card
Joshbb

[ Edited ]

worked fine on my w7 x64 x121e 2nd gen i3

"This software driver package will install the Intel® HD Graphics driver for the  Intel® Core™ i3 Processors, Intel® Core™ i5 Processors, Intel® Core™ i3 Mobile Processors, Intel® Core™ i5 Mobile Processors, Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processors, Intel® Pentium® Processor G6950, 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor, 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7 vPro™ processor."

Ctrl-Alt-Del
EvgenyP

When I'm triying to install latest intel graphics drivers I also have the same message ""The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"

So, when it will be available for download from Lenovo support page?

Thanks.

X220, IPS, Intel Core i7-2620m, 8 gb, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb, eGPU + Zotac AMP GeForce GTX 670.
Punch Card
Joshbb

wonder if its anything to do with UAC, i always turn mine off as I find it annoying