Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Jrouy

Internal Microphone stops working randomly.

It's my X200s with "Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD" mic. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Latest driver(from Lenovo) is installed.

The internal mic just stops working all of a sudden, most likely in the middle of some Skype sessions. That is very annoying.

Sometimes it stop working seconds after I start talking with someone on Skype, sometimes it works perfectly for hours.

I did some research and found out that the mic does not stop working completely but just becomes extremely deaf (insensitive). It does record some sound if I hit the mic panel hardly using my fingers, but it cannot record any speak voice.

So far I found 2 ways to bring it back: reboot the computer or sleep/wake it. Again, sometimes it starts working right after rebooting/waking, sometimes it doesn't. I have to reboot/wake it several times if I am in really bad luck.

I don't think it is a hardware malfunction. Maybe a driver issue?

Anyone have any idea?

Jeremy

Paper Tape
dawansv

Re: Internal Microphone stops working randomly.

[ Edited ]

Did you ever figure it out?  Same problem here.  I also notice it when using Skype, so could be a Skype related issue.  Of course I only use my microphone with Skype so might not be related...  In any case, as you say, rebooting will bring it back, but that's not really a solution of course...

Blue Screen Again
chaosphoenix

X220 Tablet here. I haven't even been able to get my mic to register ANY sound. I went into the Audio driver and unbound the two devices (so the internal mic and the audio jack input are seperate devices). No matter what I do I can't get the internal mic to register ANY sort of sound. It shows up, but shouting and tapping and whatnot get no input.

I suspect I might have a similar issue as you, except for the fact that mine NEVER worked. (Reboots don't fix it).

I think it might be a driver issue.. as are 90% of the other problems with this device. It makes me sad.. its such a beautiful piece of hardware, only to be bogged down by a truckload of ridiculous driver problems.

Blue Screen Again
Jrouy

[ Edited ]

hi dawansv

Yes I think so. I just unchecked the "Automatically adjust microphone settings" in the Skype Options, everything works fine ever since!

Tell me if it works to you.:smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Jeremy

Blue Screen Again
Jrouy

Hi chaosphoenix

Your issue looks much more serious than mine. Mine seems to be some sort of driver incompatibility with Skype. Yours sounds more like a hardware malfunction.

Asking lenovo for some serious help would be a better idea I am afraid.

Cheers.

Jeremy