Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
nathanzhu

Is there an easier way to stop X220 from charging when I do not want it to?

Hi all! Now I always go to battery maintanience to change the charging threshold, which is inconvenient. Is there an easier way? Thanks!

Punch Card
ddochi11

Re: Is there an easier way to stop X220 from charging when I do not want it to?

You can change the threshold from Power Manager. You may need to update Power Manager.
X220 | i5-2540 | 500GB HDD |64GB MyDigitalSSD mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM (upgraded from 4GB) | IPS | Webcam | Fingerprint reader | Bluetooth
*** Replaced by above for MB issue : X220 i5-2520 320GB 2GB TN Webcam
Paper Tape
nathanzhu

Thanks for replying. That's how I do it every time. I am just wondering if I can do it without opening the power management, click the battery maintenance, changing the threshold and click okay. Would really appreciate it if there is a shortcut simply let it charge or not.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi nathanzhu, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

You can use Power Manager Agendas to schedule times to switch Power Plans. You can even schedule to run on battery while plugged in (Peak power scheduler).

You can also use the Windows native taskbar power icon to switch between two power plans with just a couple of clicks, but I've never been able to fathom how you choose which two power plans appear consistently....

Creating your own power plan shortcuts, which you can pin to the taskbar, is another option.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!