Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
OoThomioO

Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

I had the x120e w/ E-240 for a week now and I've quite enjoyed it, but with someone buying it at cost I figured I would do the upgrade to the E-350 with this order.

I have a 180gb ssd from corsair lying around from my last desktop that will need firmware updates.

So my question: Is there any Bios updates, any changes, any downloads I need to make before I swap in the SSD and should I update the firmware on the SSD via hooking it up to a computer before trying to put a final OS on it?

Just trying to get everything in order so I can go through this quickly when I receive the thinkpad and put it to work :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Tommy

Token Ring
steinAK

Re: Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

I would definitely update the SSD firmware on a separate computer (or external case) and then run a live CD of GParted (a great drive management program) to write zeros while formatting. Brings back the showroom speed of your SSD.

Best explained here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6829
Blue Screen Again
OoThomioO

Re: Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

Thanks! I'll make sure to do that when I get off work Thursday morning, things like this I had heard about but could never pinpoint a helpful post for some reason.