Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
nitegale

Keyboard Flex on 1 side

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could help explain a possible reason on why there is flex on 1 side of the keyboard (particularly on the following keys: -Caps Lock, A, S ,D ,) . The other side of the keyboard is sturdy and good.

I would like to know why is it like this on the X220 (I have not faced this problem on my previous Thinkpad purchases ie. R60, Z60m, and R400).

Feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Gale

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Keyboard Flex on 1 side

Hello nitegale and welcome to community,

It could also be that the keyboard has not been properly fitted, you just need to remove the keyboard and reseat it.

http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/X220/index.html

If you are not confident to do this then I suggest you to contact the support center.

Country or RegionLanguageTelephone numberHours of operation
Thailand Thai, English 1-800-060-066 (Local number only)
66 2273 4088
+603 8315 6857 (DID)
8 AM -5 PM
Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
nitegale

Dear Ms.Tanuj,

Thanks for your reply.

I did carry my machine in to the service center. It truns out that there were more problems on the machine than anticipated.

We found problems with the left side of the palm rest(it creeks alot) which is also the side where the keyboard is loose.

I asked them for support/service to help solve the problem but they are unable to pin-point the problem.

Could you please how I should proceed?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello nitegale

Kindly get the service case log for the laptop from support center.

Country or RegionLanguageTelephone numberHours of operation
Thailand Thai, English 1-800-060-066 (Local number only)
66 2273 4088
+603 8315 6857 (DID)
8 AM -5 PM
Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!