Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mercury168

Lenovo GOBI 2000 WWAN Card 60Y3183 GPS problem

Hi,

I have the Gobi model stated above installed in my x120e. All drivers and bios have been updated to the most recent. I have thinkvantage GPS v2.72. I have acces connections v5.84.

I have successfully configured my mobile broadband but cannot get my GPS to work. It jus keeps on "accquiring satellites" but nothing happens. 

I dont know if I am missing any drivers or other software as my mobile WWAN is working except the GPS. 

I hope you can help me out. 

Cheers!

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo GOBI 2000 WWAN Card 60Y3183 GPS problem

hey mercury168,

try installing GPS version 2.73 : http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS015017

and see if that works

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Guru
x220forMe

Hi, mercury168

1. Be sure you've connected the WWAN antenna's connectors properly. Also for the GPS location using built-in card you have to be near the window or on the open space as the GPS chip sensitivity is not so high.
2. Do you see the item with NMEA in the Device Manager -> Ports w/o "!" or "?" symbols? Is the number of GPS port the same as one in the Status window of GPS Enabler application?
3. Try to switch to the XTRA mode for GPS to speed up the satellite almanach loading via the broadband network (Options - GPS Mode - Details).

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Russia flag Русскоязычное Сообщество   English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Token Ring
orion9727

you buy a msata gps?
most of them wont work right because you need clear shot at the sky.
trust me i am looking into doing this so i done my reseach.
gps notebooks has a attanna for this but if you throw in a gps it wont work well or at all depending on bloacks it.

if it a gobi then it tower gps not real gps.
the mobile company just gives you data based on time betweens towers.
mobile gps should work if the mobile works.

real gps is a whole other ball of wax.
read up on it.
some notebook with gps are made for gps and they will work but if you try to upgrade into gps it may lack what that certin model came with.
was this a factory installed gobi?
Token Ring
orion9727

i like this post it something on my to do list.
here a post all about this very issue.
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/lenovo-ibm/22706-x200t-how-do-i-use-gps-without-wwan.html
make sure you let us know cause i like to go gobi myself probley a unlocked card as i travel worldwide.
Guru
x220forMe

[ Edited ]

@orion9727,
I'm sorry about delay with answer.

1. I've got the Gobi 2000 pci-e card with buil-in GPS.
2. It works fine for me so I can't agree with your oponions about Gobi, "mobile GPS" etc. You are a little confused with terms of GPS, A-GPS, GPS XTRA. GPS in Gobi card can work in standalone mode w/o established 3G connection.
3. For example, I've tested the Gobi card in my x220 in the long road trip by car to the west of Russia. No one disconnection with GSM carrier and satellite loss during more then 15 hours.
4. I've bought the Gobi 2000 card separately and installed it myself.

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Russia flag Русскоязычное Сообщество   English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español