Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
sweisr

Lenovo X220 Complete Loss of Power/No Boot Up

I have a two month old X220 with SSD i7, and to my shock, the laptop 2 days ago after the lid was closed in the bag and I pulled it out, there was only a flsh of light and the figerprint sensor that turn on but nothing boots up on the screen. After leaving it on the power adapter for an hour it booted up fine.  But the unexpected happened today and the latptop no longer even boots up or lights up anyore.  Completely dead!!

The main question I have is did anyone experience the same and what was done to fix this?  But more importantly to Lenovo what kind of image and reputation are you building for yourself in trying to produce such laptops with such incredible fault that seems to be a major hardware issue for the most expensive lineup of your Thinkpads??

Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: Lenovo X220 Complete Loss of Power/No Boot Up

Hello sweisr,

can you please tell us your modell number (not S/N) and used OS please.

Kind regards
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
sweisr

[ Edited ]

Model Number: 4287-3HG.  i took it to the service center on April 23rd and they decided to order a new motherboard, which until today has not arrived, so three weeks without a replaced motherboard....

This is why this is a Lenovo and not an IBM, because it is a piece of junk and I can't believe these issues can be produced....

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

What's DOS?
salkhan

Lenovo X220 type: 4287-CTO OS: windows 7 (pre loaded)
Issue: The X220 does not boot up. It's like dead. All of my data is inside de PC. Right now I am going through a nightmare. The lenovo brand that I trusted so much has completely betrayed me. It just switchedoff..would restart after removing the battery but now on the same day it's completely off. I am in a complete shock. Don't know what to do. We don't have those service centers close to our homes as in US. Please tell me if there is a way out.