Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mortarandpestle
Accepted Solution

Minor body scratch X301

Hi all,

I just noticed a very minor scratch on the body of my X301. It's not a huge deal, but I was trying to keep the computer as immaculate as possible. Is there anything anyone out there has found to work in a similar situation? I'm reluctant to try many scratch solutions available online because a) I don't know if it applies to the sort of magnesium body the X301 has and b) I don't know enough about what sort of finish is on the X301 body generally. Any help is tremendously appreciated.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 238

Re: Minor body scratch X301

try shoe polish, just enough to fill the scratch, don't overdo it, if you put too much on it's just shoe polish, let it dry then rub it out. not the liquid kind the paste stuff. real small brush like for model paint.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
mortarandpestle

GREAT idea. Thanks so much. I don't have a model brush, but perhaps a cotton swab or toothpick might do the job?

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 238

i'd say a toothpick would probably work okay, but like i said, not much at all should do it.one thin coat rub it out and do it again if you have to. it's only shoe polish, you won't hurt anything.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
EB
Serial Port
EB

I am not sure that this would be an optimum repair, but there is a product called "FixIt" by Simonize used with great success on car finishes.  See the URL: https://www.fixitsale.com/?MID=584419

EB