Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
kaonquark

My system doesn't turn ON.

[ Edited ]

Hello, my system can't turn on, when I press the button the laptop puts all the lights on for less than a second and then it only shows two light indicators, the POWER light and the AC adapter (or battery). I've tried every thing I've removed everything connected without battery directly to the AC POWER, but it's having the problem no matter what I do.

My machine is a thinkpad X200 model: 7454-2HU  S/N: LV-0***7 (under guaranty). The main problem I have is that my system is on guaranty but I live in SPAIN and I've contacted with them and they say that they cannot use the IWS guaranty because they are not supliers. So what should i do? they said that it's maybe a motherboard failure, and replace one is like 1000 Euro they said.

The system is on guaranty on US but I tried to contact them by phone but they doesn't answer. Could I just ship my laptop to EEUU or another suplier with IWS of my laptop, and repair this issue?...I would pay the shipment.

Please, what should I do?.... Thank you, Regards

PD: I've tried connecting to another monitor by VGA also and it's not working. 

Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-10-2009 12:38 PM
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-10-2009 12:43 PM
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-10-2009 12:48 PM
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

Re: My system doesn't turn ON.

okay... have you tried to take out the ram modules??? and reseating them?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
kaonquark

[ Edited ]

Well... I tried that about removing the ram but even without it the notebook doesn't respond at all. I have extracted it and joined it again but it doesn't work... Please Could anyone tell me if it's possible ship my item to the US in order to have my guaranty?, thank everyone.

PD: What do you mean about resetting the moduleS? extract them and power on the laptop? and then put them in again? thank you.

PD2: This problem is happening since one day I was with low battery and the laptop powered off...

Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-11-2009 02:25 PM
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-11-2009 02:27 PM
lead_org

take the ram module out and put it back in again. 
Regards,

Jin Li

Fanfold Paper
kaonquark

[ Edited ]
Yeah, that's what I did but nothing changes...:/ It's still happening the same problem... isn't valid my warranty for living on spain? Because i have 3 months of warranty left...cannot I ship my laptop to a familiar or to Lenovo in other country covered?
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-11-2009 06:14 PM
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-11-2009 06:19 PM
Message Edited by kaonquark on 08-11-2009 07:10 PM
lead_org

i am not sure about warranty, it is possible that this can be done, but you will have to call Lenovo service and see what they can do. Which is the closest country that your warranty is covered in? You should give them a call and see what they have to say. 
Regards,

Jin Li