Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
KatiDriscoll

Re: NEW Battery Tip - Applicable to some T, X, R models and batteries

X200 Critical Battery Error 0190

This seems to be the place to talk about lenovo laptop batteries. I have a relatively new (1 yearish) x200 that I love to death. Last week it started making horrific EEE-RRR EEE-RRRR EEE-RRR wailing noises. I figured it was because the battery needed to be plugged in, but it was continuing, despite being plugged in.  After a while, the noises quit and it looked like the computer was no longer possessed.

Yesterday, unfortunately, my ThinkPad bit the big one. I can't get it to do anything other than turn on, tell me I have a critical 0190 battery error and then turn off on me. I have tried removing the battery cell & re-inserting it. It has been plugged in for a solid 24 hours and I'm not getting a charge. 

In looking on here & other forums, I have not found a clear solution. Is the battery part of the recall? Is it the flux capacitor? Is it the charging port? AM I A BAD COMPUTER MOM? It's hard to tell!

It's also unclear, from the website, where I can get this diagnosed. Does anyone have any tips on what may be wrong so I can have it serviced or purchase the applicable remedy?

Paper Tape
dead_drop

Going by what you say, power supply is dead.  I'd check the outlets you plug it into as it is unusual for it to fail so quickly, and make sure to use a good surge protector.  I would check Amazon too, but this is the part in Lenovo's shop:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

As far as your warranty, there are some Lenovo support softwares installed from the factory called Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox.  If you open that, it will tell you your warranty status at the top.  Or you can search the site and find your warranty status by punching in some numbers located on the bottom of your laptop.

Paper Tape
KatiDriscoll

Many thanks. I did try connecting from various outlets (fail all around) so I've ordered a replacement from Amazon. Hopefully it isn't the port itself - I read on another forum that this was an issue for another user.

Big thanks for the tip on the warranty; the computer was a gift from my then boyfriend and I no longer have the papers!

Paper Tape
dead_drop

It is possible it's the port, but you didn't mention any accidents.  Generally that's a noise a failing transformer in a power supply would make.  Let's hope it's not the port, though.  Having a spare will be convenient at least.

Punch Card
tlee

Hi Mark_Lenovo, As for my previous post at the topic of " Flashing orange battery light while charge indicates 100%?" in Z- series forum. I informed I have to go to the Lenovo service Center ask for the battery recall......... However, the service guy just inform me the laptop warranty is expired. Even, I emphasized my battery (93P5029) seems is a defective product before ex-factory. And I just used it 134 counts for recharging. But, the guy also told me the recall program is also expired...................... No valuable help to me. SInce, I don't know the recall program before and I am not keeping my eye for checking the news from Lenovo website. I think there are many victims likes my case. Actually, I want to get back my battery. Because, the Li-ion battery themselves are in good condition. I think the problem is at the PCB as you said the fuse blown. Could you help us (at this forum victims also) who want to repair the battery themselves ? Could you PM me about its circuit diagram and the fuse location ? What is the value ampere of the fuse ? And the disassembly battery case method. Thanks for your help and in-advance. I look forward to waiting for your reply.
Paper Tape
kfcheung

Here is another victim. My x61 8 cell battery (model listed in the recall) died with only 37 counts (see my previous post)! The status shows the battery is full but it just cant discharge and function properly... Thinkpad "was" the sign of durable in most people's mind, including me, however, I really lost confidence in this brand this time. We are not asking to replace a misused or damaged battery caused by human errors but in fact the batteries are obviously defective (that's why there was recalls). Can Lenovo do something to deal with these unusual battery failure cases and help the unlucky victims? I look forward to your reply soon. Thank you.