Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Scrutinizer

New X220 doesn't sit flat.

I just received a new x220.  The frame appears to be slightly twisted and the front left leg sits consistently about 2-4mm off of whatever surface I've set it on.  I realize this sounds like a minor quibble, but it generates a good deal of rocking as I type, which is not only annoying it isn't what I expect from a quality laptop.  

My question is: has anyone else experience this and is there anything to be done to fix it?  

Thanks.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,236
Solutions: 1,327

Re: New X220 doesn't sit flat.

take the battery off and retest this, it could be the problem of the rubber feet that is causing the rocking. If it bothers you then better get the warranty department have a look at it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
thinkpuser

Same here, got a replacement, still not flat.
I know this is a tiny problem, but it caused unpleasant using experience!

frame is getting thinner, i alwasy worried lower left will crack someday...

Please fix these problems or you will lose loyal customers.

Fanfold Paper
asf10

You should demand an immediate replacement as the product has basically failed to meet the standard quality that it has been designed to.

I had a similar problem with my brand new X1, thought this concerns the display being distorted (http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/X1-screen-lid-warped-upon-delivery/td-p/738963).  I made it very clear to the Lenovo service team that I wanted to reject the laptop and have a replacement (not a repair) sent, which they agreed to.

After some pretty horrendous customer service regarding the collection of the unit, it is now on it's way back to the factory and I am now expecting my replacement.

Remember, these are expensive machines and they should arrive in nothing less than perfect condition.  As consumers, you need to drum it into Lenovo that anything less than perfect is completely unacceptable.