Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Grumpy

New X220 with no problems

With all the problems noted in the forum I'd like to add an optimistic report and say that my X220 has no problems. I have the i7 cpu, 8gb, Intel SSD, and I installed an Intel 310 80gb SSD as a second drive in the WWAN slot myself.

The performance is excellent with the lowest score being 6.2 for graphics. The processor scores 7.1, the memory 7.5 and the SSD 7.7.

The only slight difficulty I have found is that the PasswordManager app causes problems with Firefox. I'm also a little disappointed that the slice battery is not available here in the UK yet.

Overall I'm delighted with the X220 - it's the best portable I have owned up to now!

community supermod
erik

Re: New X220 with no problems

welcome to the forum!

glad to hear some positive news for a change.   thanks for posting your experience.   we certainly appreciate it.   judging by your username we weren't sure how this post was going to turn out. :smileyvery-happy:

the slice battery is a rare beast right now.   hopefully it will be coming to your market soon.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Punch Card
jimls

Just to echo the positive feedback.  After about 3 weeks, I have had "zero" problems.  I have the mstata Intel 310 installed and a Samsung 256GB FDE SSD in the main drive bay for my secure data.  This is a fantastic laptop with great battery life.

Jim

Punch Card
Kruger

Well my X220 seemed perfect for the first couple of weeks. Then I started to notice those things..
Serial Port
Ron1

[ Edited ]
Jim (jimis), Did that SSD configuration (a) come from Lenovo or (b) did you buy and install yourself? If (b) then can you share specific model #s? Also what's the advantage of the separate mSATA SSD... why not just an FDE SSD by itself?
THS
Punch Card
THS

@ Grumpy

IPS display ???

Punch Card
jimls

[ Edited ]

Re: Why two SSD drives?

I had the Samsung 256GB FDE (hardware full disk encyption) SSD that ran fine in a T400S; my consuting work requires high security.  I passed the T400S to my son and bought the X220 with I7, standard display, and 9 cell battery for better battery life and performance.  I wanted to try the Intel msata 80GB for dual boot and I am very pleased with performance.  Boot time from the Intel runs 18-20 seconds, discounting entering the HDD password and Windows 7 login delays.

I passed the hard drive that came with X220, a 128GB SSD Samsung on to my son.

Jim

Serial Port
Ron1

Thanks Jim.

Can you tell me the model # of the Samsung FDE SSD? And are you happy with it? If I'm buying a new X220, any reason I would get dual like you or could I just go with the high capacity SSD and forgo the mSATA boot drive? Pros/cons?
Punch Card
hustle

After Lenovo solved the "pulsing issue", I have no problems with my X220i anymore!
Punch Card
Grumpy

[ Edited ]

Yes. I have the IPS display and it's great!