Output to TV via HDMI port (black border on the sides or "spill" out of TV border) - ATi GPU
When using HDMI to output to TV, I am not getting the full screen on the TV despite setting TV resolution on the laptop to 1920 x 1080. There are black borders on the site.
TV is native 1920 x 1080 resolution.
This article also applies to those which have "overscan" issues as well. Overscan means that the output resolution is "bigger" than the TV's native resolution and it looks like it "spill" out of the TV's border.
Before we start, please ensure that the HDMI cable is connected properly to your TV and the TV output resolution is set to 1920 x 1080. (Pic Below)
Once confirm resolution is at 1920 x 1080 and has scalling issues (Black borders or over the TV border) Do follow the steps below.
1. Right click on Desktop and Select Catalyst(TM) Control Center
2. Select "Advance"
3. Select Graphics on the upper left of the window
4. Click on the drop down aarow of the TV icon then select "Configure" (Pic below)
5. Check the "Enable GPU Scaling" box (Pic Below)
6. Select Scaling Options on the top then there will be a "bar" for you to adjust the Underscan or Overscan.
7. Click OK to save settings.
Was this article helpful? Please click here and let us know.