Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
hougj

Problematic ThinkLight

Before anyone asks: I have reinstalled all Lenovo software related to either Hotkey or power management.

So after a certain point I noticed that my ThinkLight is not working well.  It is working though, but not working well.  When I press Fn+PgUp, the icon on the screen shows the ThinkLight is turned on, but the light won't really be turned on until after a little while.  The delay is a matter of several minutes.  After this 'initialization', the light could be turned on and off immediately until the next time I turn on the computer. 

This is possibly a problem related to the BIOS, according to another thread http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/BIOS-update-3-12-1-06-ThinkLight-killed-x200/t....  I hope someone who works for lenovo can notify the engineers to work out a fix.  The lifetime of a LED is very long, there is very little chance that my LED is defective.

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Problematic ThinkLight

Hmm. The ThinkLight is controlled at a BIOS level. Can you try toggling the ThinkLight before Windows boots?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Guru
Mornsgrans

Did the problem appear after a BIOS update?

In that case please initialize the BIOS with F9-key after entering BIOS and save the settings , exit and turn off the computer.

Perhaps pulling the BIOS battery for a few minute might help, too.

You also can test the function of the ThinkLight in the BIOS, whether there also is the delay.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Punch Card
hougj

No it does not work in the BIOS setting interface.

Punch Card
hougj

ColonelONeill wrote:
Hmm. The ThinkLight is controlled at a BIOS level. Can you try toggling the ThinkLight before Windows boots?

No, not working

Punch Card
hougj

Mornsgrans wrote:

In that case please initialize the BIOS with F9-key after entering BIOS and save the settings , exit and turn off the computer.

You also can test the function of the ThinkLight in the BIOS, whether there also is the delay.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try!

Punch Card
hougj

Mornsgrans wrote:

By the way how to pull the BIOS battery on x201?

Punch Card
hougj

Mornsgrans wrote:

Hi Mornsgrans, I tried reloading default BIOS settings, and no the light wasn't working.