Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
idunham
Accepted Solution

Proper FRU for replacing bad X100e LCD unit?

I have an X100e which is a few months out of warranty; and the screen recently started going blank (still lit, so the backlight isn't the problem...). It's been in a state where the angle changes whether it will turn on--sometimes upwards/forwards pressure will turn the screen on. I took it apart and found that the thick round cable going into the LCD from the graphics unit (not one of the antennae, perhaps DC-in?) was extremely worn, so that I could see traces of the copper. I'm guessing this is the issue, though a different cable is also possible I looked at the Hardware Maintenance Manual, but am not sure what FRU this corresponds to. What I'd prefer to do if possible is replace the whole LCD unit, complete with cables, but I want to verify what I'm getting. What FRU numbers/parts labels should I look for? (I have already replaced the keyboard, so the above information should get me if I diagnosed it properly).
Blue Screen Again
idunham

Re: Proper FRU for replacing bad X100e LCD unit?

In case it's not clear, I'm asking the parts number for either the entire LCD unit or the cable referred to.
Community Moderator
richk

Re: Proper FRU for replacing bad X100e LCD unit?

There are 2 choices of cable depending on your 4-digit model number. Most models use 45M2885. For that one, here is one on eBay from a seller I use all the time for $9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X100e-Fru-45M2885-LCD-LED-Video-Cable-Tested-/280830398533?p...

Models starting with 3507 use 45M2918, which is hard to find, but you can buy it from IBM here: http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/default/TopCategoriesDisplay?cntrfnbr...

From your description, I am not 100% sure what part you mean. I am sending you a pm with my email address and you can send a picture if you wish.