Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
carcar796
Accepted Solution

Remove Backup files

Hi

I have an X61 running XP, and it has been routinely doing automatic backups for me since I've had it (2 + years).  The hard drive is now nearly fully, and half of this is hidden - and I assume it to be these backup files.  I can't see them, despite showing hidden files, and would really like to remove them, as I do do backups to an external drive.

How can I remove them?

Thanks

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

Re: Remove Backup files

start r&r switch to advance mode bottom left then view all backups from there you can delete them

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Paper Tape
carcar796

Thanks - I'd never really studied R&R before. This was just what I wanted.
Much appreciated
C
Punch Card
SculptureMan

I have the same problem with the same notebook configuration.  I have successfully redirected RRbackup to save to an external drive, but still have 30GB of old backup on my C: drive.  You say "start r&r":  how do I do that?  I have looked everywhere after pressing the ThinkVantage button, but it seems to offer no place do do what you suggest.

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

go to the start menu bottom right open that there is a folder called thinkvantage open that then click on the rescue & recovery when that opens switch to advance mode bottom left then click view all backups from there you can delete them

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Punch Card
SculptureMan

Thank you, but there is no Rescue and Recovry option when I click on the ThinkVantage Productivity Center button to the right of All Programs after clicking on the Start button.  Instead, I get ThinkVantage Productivity Center Quick Links, which lists:  Welcome, Back Up Now, Get Web Support, Update My System, Access On-System Help, Show System Information, Configure Maintenance Tasks, Resource Center: Maintenance, Wireless, Device Configuration, Security Protection & Recovery, Multi-Media Management, Communication & Networking, Help & Support, and Message Center.

I have combed through all of those options, and none have Rescue and Recovery Options, other than to run a backup.  That last one has no advanced options.

In other words, I cannot get to the Advanced Options.

Community SuperMod
bananaman