Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
SoFlaWeb

Rescue & Recovery not working on x200

Hello, 

I have a 2 year old x200 lenovo laptop running windows vista business 32bit.

The system is sluggish and I have cleaned out malware and some viruses several times (sometimes with Malwarebytes, sometimes with AVG anti-virus, and most recently with a windows system restore).

I would like to get my laptop back to factory default settings and everything I have read tells me to press the blue button during startup and then I will get menu options to restore.

When I press the blue bottom it begins to load Rescue and Recovery, I get the intro screen. I even see something flicker that looks like "initializing" or something like that, and then the whole system reboots.

I tried restoring a backup from within windows using the Thinkvantage tools and "restore my data" but that did not do anything either. It went through the whole process and then just rebooted back into windows without any messages or anything restored.

Can anyone help with this problem?

How can I restore my laptop to the original factory settings when the restore does not work and does not give me any error messages? It just reboots every time.

Thanks in advance,

Steven

South Florida SEO Company

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,230
Solutions: 1,313

Re: Rescue & Recovery not working on x200

do you have warranty left?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!